Priorities and distractions, oh my!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:5)

VirtualGlobalPhone

MVP
Leigh Steele , very good thoughtful query.

One of the simplest way is to write out all the list of "To Do" on the previous night in a sheet of paper. Every time the task / to do is over you tick it. So when any distraction comes you can weight and put it in between or at the end.

Leigh Steele

Administrator
Is the task you are doing urgent and important ? Is there a financial implications to the company ? If the answer is yes , then the task on hand wins. Ignore the distractions.
Simple, to the point, and timeless advice! :)

Leigh Steele

Administrator
Leigh Steele , very good thoughtful query.

One of the simplest way is to write out all the list of "To Do" on the previous night in a sheet of paper. Every time the task / to do is over you tick it. So when any distraction comes you can weight and put it in between or at the end.
I always appreciate your ideas and thoughts. That good ol' to-do list can sure come in handy if we take it seriously!

Inva

I meant i don't have any personal social media. Of course there are accounts in the company that are used for advertising etc, but that's all they are for.

VirtualGlobalPhone

MVP
Inva , that's absolutely personal choice is it not ?

BTW - Is this worry of privacy or resistance for you , not to have one ?

Inva , that's absolutely personal choice is it not ?

BTW - Is this worry of privacy or resistance for you , not to have one ?
Well everything is a personal choice if we think about it. It's neither worry nor resistance. I simply decided it was a waste of time and a huge distraction. There's always something to be outraged about on SM. It's unhealthy. Best to focus on your work and the things you like doing.

VirtualGlobalPhone

MVP
Inva ,

Is your view or reality of "Outraged SM" is because of the large part of content is false, over hyped, unrelated and useless , due to the power of free will given to users of SM ?

Is the task you are doing urgent and important ? Is there a financial implications to the company ? If the answer is yes , then the task on hand wins. Ignore the distractions.
I agree with this sentiment.
Though let me add, know the difference between urgent and important when thinking of tasks that need to be done that day.

Meaning, there are some things that will move your business forward and there are some things that are good to have but aren't necessarily urgent in moving the business forward.

And we've all been through this.
You go in with a list of 12 things to do that day, every day.
And by the end of that month you wondered what the fuck you actually did to help your business.

In reality, there should be 2-3 main tasks that you should be performing to help reach ONE GOAL that will move your business forward.

So getting rid of the "so called important items" and focusing on the urgent items should help in you being productive and reaching your goals.