Please review and give feedback on my website

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Hi all,
I need help with my site. Its new, no blog post yet. Please review it. Your feedback on the site and blogging ideas is appreciated.
Here it goes:
Bold &Fun
www.boldandfun.com

Thanks!

Edvin

MVP
Top Contributor
Hi Blein,
It is easy to be a critic; but, I konw lot of hard work went into this.
Congradulation on your progress so far. I think you've done a great job.
  1. The navigation doesn't always make it clear where I am.
    I would prefer the top navigation to remain underlined so I know my current location.

2. Having a breadcrumb can be helpful; for example, clicking on customer care puts me on contact us page; but, I have no visual guide informing me of my location

3. Initially I felt your fonts are a little small; but, I found amazon fonts are not much bigger.
    However, they do have more weight to make it easier to read

4. The zoom (magnification) on images simply display the same image without more info.

5. After I added an item in my cart, I noticed that facebook chat is blocking part of paypal checkout in the bottom right corner

6. Hovering over home icon presents a navigation menu that is stretched too wide in my openion

7. The 50% sale on front page fills the whole page; a guide suggesting scroll down might be a good idea

8. The site can benefit from quicker response
Again, I think it looks great; every site can be critiqued.

I'm sure others can provide better feedback.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Edvin,

I will look into these suggestions carefully.
You are more than helpful!

Hi Blein,
It is easy to be a critique; but, I konw lot of hard work went into this.
Congradulation on your progress so far. I think you've done a great job.
  1. The navigation doesn't always make it clear where I am.
    I would prefer the top navigation to remain underlined so I know my current location.

2. Having a breadcrumb can be helpful; for example, clicking on customer care puts me on contact us page; but, I have no visual guide informing me of my location

3. Initially I felt your fonts are a little small; but, I found amazon fonts are not much bigger.
    However, they do have more weight to make it easier to read

4. The zoom (magnification) on images simply display the same image without more info.

5. After I added an item in my cart, I noticed that facebook chat is blocking part of paypal checkout in the bottom right corner

6. Hovering over home icon presents a navigation menu that is stretched too wide in my openion

7. The 50% sale on front page fills the whole page; a guide suggesting scroll down might be a good idea

8. The site can benefit from quicker response
Again, I think it looks great; every site can be critiqued.

I'm sure others can provide better feedback.

Good luck.

Hi Blein, Excellent start.
Here are a few comments.

1) I agree the site seems slow but appreciate the fading in of pix but think its too much. Consider simplifying the delivery of product images so there is a crisp delivery to the visitor.

2) Maybe the site isn't complete but I could not add items to the cart, as I tried a couple of times.

3) On the product pages, the "overview" appears to be the same thing as what in the detail resulting in a long product page. Try to condense in a manner where the product page is almost on one screen.

4) Love the "about us" page getting to the substance of your brand.

5) On the first page of the site you indicate about being "Luxury" brand but then you talk about affordable and have discounts displayed. A luxury strategy is different from when you have imagery and words talking about affordability and sales discounts. Consider removing luxury on the first page. In the "about us" page there doesn't seem to be a mention of being a luxury brand. And as I indicate I really like the content of how you speak of the brand on the About us page.

Keep going with your amazing work!
To your continued success on the next level.
Daryl
Nexlevel Business

Last edited:
Hi NextlevelBiz,

thanks for the feedback.
I will look into them. you the best!

Blein

Nice work, here is my thoughts, the sale banner is a little bit much also the girl photo who keep changing, other than that the site looks really nice. Congrats