Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

On a positive mindset that day...

Discussion in 'Mindset and Motivation' started by Peyton White, Jun 28, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Peyton White

Peyton White Member

Last week, I attended a seminar on vacation ownership similar to a condotel and was offered by a share of ownership. I do not know why I indulge and signed up right away. I was on a positive mindset that day knowing that I will grab any opportunity that comes. I'm thinking of having it as a sort of investment actually. Is it a good one or it could be a loss on my part? I'm worried about it that I could not have gain returns. What are your thoughts?

2. Peyton White

Peyton White Member

One more thing. I'm starting to be anxious about it. I want to know if some you have the same experience as what I had about vacation ownership. Please share your opinion.

3. fulfillment

fulfillment Member

Stop by a forum that deals with vacation condos and read.
    Years ago it cost me around $20,000 to own part of a vacation rental, fees, other items and then I had to pay someone to take it off my hands. Good luck. I had the worst few weeks of vacation when I was there. The people around me did not care about anyone but them self and there was nothing anyone would do as they were already "owners" like we were.
    good luck

What about being stuck with having to pay...
    getting billed for work you don't want or think it needs
    or if something happens and someone comes after you for liability. If there is a lawsuit you might be named in it, have to pay for travel, hotels (there might be a 500 "owners" named in the lawsuit), and a lawyer for a few hours to look into your liability if not for the court case
    are you planning on taking out insurance to cover your part of the investment to protect your self
    are you taking a trusted lawyer to look over all paperwork before you sing it

djbaxter likes this.
  4. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

My feeling is those "free vacation property timeshare ownership" seminars are anything but free and almost always turn out to be scams. I would never invest money in any of those schemes. I hope you are able to get your money back.

5. Peyton White

Peyton White Member

You have a point there. They invited couples to attend and claim a free overnight stay but, it's just a way to offer their vacation ownership. It could be a scam because they are getting a part of my money as a processing fee. I haven't got a refund yet. It's still in process and I'm really disappointed because I still have to wait for almost a month to get my money:( I'm already in stress. What shall I do next?

6. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

It hasn't been very long yet. Maybe 2-3 weeks? For now just wait. Feel free to keep reminding them that you're waiting for the refund but you have to allow a reasonable time for them to process your request and I suspect you aren't the only one wanting a refund. If you are really in the US, you have requested the refund within the statutory 30 days buyer's remorse period so you have the law on your side.

7. Peyton White

Peyton White Member

djbaxter likes this.