1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nuby :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jessica A., Sep 11, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Hey guys! My name is Jessica. I'm not great at introductions. I work from home doing customer support. I hope I can learn here from people who have had experience growing their business. Starting a business is not an easy feat especially on the budget and I've tried but it wasn't always easy.

azgold and VirtualGlobalPhone like this.
  2. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

Welcome to BizWarriors, @Jessica A. Good to see you found us.

What have you tried in the past that wasn't very successful?

3. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator MVP Member

Hello @Jessica A. , welcome to bizwarriors. Thanks for joining the community.

Jessica A. likes this.
  4. Thank you for welcoming me. I've tried doing door-to-door. Takes all the energy that I have. Asking referrals from friends too. Doesn't seem to work like everybody else does.

5. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

Cold calling and door to door is hard work and often discouraging.

What were you trying to sell?

6. VirtualGlobalPhone

Off cource its tough when compare to virtual / print - media sale. But the best fruit and experience you will only get when you meet the customer one on one. You get a long time commitment from customers. They don't look at price , they look at your passion and commitment etc.

Jessica A. likes this.
  7. azgold

azgold Moderator MVP Member

Hello Jessica and welcome!

As @djbaxter said, door-to-door and cold calling can be brutally difficult. And as @VirtualGlobalPhone mentioned, people buy from people when there is a person-to-person connection. I'm wondering if you can somehow marry those two things together, perhaps by doing your cold calling by phone to set up appointments to discuss what you're selling in person, or by getting together on Skype, or maybe doing a webcast on Hangouts, or something. I don't know about your business, I'm just throwing those out there.

Anytime you have a question, need help, or want to share some good information, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forums, Jessica! :)

8. I've actually done that - cold calling to set up appointments to discuss what I'm selling in person. I got burned out later on because of the hard work with results like that of a roller coaster. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Other times I've had loads of profit while some days I don't. I enjoyed selling because of the wonderful people I've met along the way but I wasn't able to make the business last. It was a learning experience for me. Thank you all for the input! It was greatly appreciated!

azgold and djbaxter like this.
  9. VirtualGlobalPhone

@Jessica A. ; its called perception vs reality .

What you saw is the very basic of the life - by accepting "this", lots of joy comes in.

Jessica A. likes this.