1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to the BizWarriors Forum!
Why not join our community?

New feature: Forum Bookmarks

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by djbaxter, Mar 1, 2017.

Share This Page

1. djbaxter

djbaxter Tech Admin Administrator

When reading the forums, I often come across a thread I think would be useful for future reference. Sometimes I just try to make a mental note to remember it - well I'm sure I don't need to tell you how ineffective THAT strategy is. :) Sometimes, I add it to Pocket (I use Firefox so that's just a click on the Pocket icon in the top right of my browser - better, but only if I'm specifically looking for it and I remembered to Pocket it in the first place; in addition, it doesn't take me back to the thread if it's one I wanted to add to or reply to.

Well, we've just added a new forum feature that remedies those deficits (thanks to @Danny Schaffer for creating a new thread that reminded me to add this!). I expect to use it a lot and I think you might find it useful as well.

Reading a thread, you will now see an option at the bottom of a post (just above the social sharing icons if it's the last post) to bookmark that post:

bookmark.png
    This is actually a screenshot of a post I just bookmarked. As you can see, if later I no longer need the bookmark, it's easy to remove it.

To access the list of your forum bookmarks at any time, click on your member name in the floating navigation bar or in the main page sidebar and you'll see it at the bottom of the drop-down menu:

bookmark-list.png

And that's it. Easy to use. Easy to ignore if you don't want to use it. :)

azgold and Adam Toren like this.
  2. Adam Toren

Adam Toren Administrator Member

This is great @djbaxter! Thanks for sharing this new feature.

3. azgold

azgold Moderator MVP

Awesome feature, DJ! Thanks!

Love this. My usual method of using Firefox bookmarks has created such a dense listing (of every site and page I've ever bookmarked :)) that I can't find anything quickly, this is really great.

Bruno Moreira-Guedes likes this.
  4. Ohhh, cool @djbaxter !!

Congratulations!!

djbaxter likes this.