Julia Sta Romana

Top Contributor
Top Poster Of Month
You can read the whole story here: Why Users Call New Facebook Design a Nightmare

We use Facebook ads for business and frankly, this disturbs me. I wonder how this would affect the visibility of our ads. I wonder how this would impact the reach of our organic marketing and community activities.

Do you guys do Facebook ads and marketing? What do you think of the new design?

djbaxter

Administrator
I agree that the latest "improvements" to the Facebook interface are poor. It's getting harder and harder to find things, especially on business pages, and the whole thing just keeps looking more and more cluttered.

I do periodically use Facebook for ads and marketing. There is already a whole generation or two that has abandoned Facebook for newer social media like TikTok. That's not a major issue for me personally because that's not my demographic, but if the start really irritating people in the 25-50 age group it will mean moving my ads and marketing dollars to another platform.

Azam.net

I agree with with the original poster and djbaxter.

Facebook is becoming more and more cluttered. It is trying to be all things to all people now. For example, the desktop browser version has got a prominent link to the 'Gaming' section in the top navigation bar now, in order to appeal to gamers and pull them away from posting their videos on Youtube. I appreciate gaming is a large industry, but Facebook's gaming section is not of interest to me or most Facebook users.

Perhaps Facebook should allow users to customise the interface they are presented with.

Julia Sta Romana

Top Contributor
Top Poster Of Month
I agree with with the original poster and djbaxter.

Facebook is becoming more and more cluttered. It is trying to be all things to all people now. For example, the desktop browser version has got a prominent link to the 'Gaming' section in the top navigation bar now, in order to appeal to gamers and pull them away from posting their videos on Youtube. I appreciate gaming is a large industry, but Facebook's gaming section is not of interest to me or most Facebook users.

Perhaps Facebook should allow users to customise the interface they are presented with.
Yes! And if you look at the demographic of most gamers, they're not within Facebook's main user base. If you want an audience for gaming, you go to Twitch.

My husband has a theory that the interface could also be for Facebook's aging demographic. On mobile, the text just looks bigger, making it easier to read.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe