TomK

Hello,

I’m a new member and this is my first post.

I’m the developer/founder of a tool that like many other businesses uses an array of services for email, SMS to database, and hosting. I’ve heard that those rates can be negotiated, has anyone had success negotiating their rates? Or does anyone have someone they can recommend that will help me negotiate my rates down?

Here is a list of the services I use:
Google Apps
MongoDB
Mailchimp
Mandrill
Github
Sentry
Stripe
(and probably more that I can't think of right now)

djbaxter

Administrator
Hi, TomK. Welcome to BizWarriors. :)

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

Do you want to negotiate a fee that's different from the posted rates of the paid services you mention (a couple of those are already free)?

Or are you looking to set up similar services to offer to people where you and your customers can negotiate the fees that you would charge rather than having fixed rates?

Or something else... ?

TomK

Hi, TomK. Welcome to BizWarriors. :)

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

Do you want to negotiate a fee that's different from the posted rates of the paid services you mention (a couple of those are already free)?

Or are you looking to set up similar services to offer to people where you and your customers can negotiate the fees that you would charge rather than having fixed rates?

Or something else... ?
I pay for all those services because I no longer qualify for the free tier. I'm asking how can I negotiate the rates down from the posted rates. What I've heard is that you can contact the companies and ask them for a discounted rate and often they will offer you some sort of discount (similar to services like BillShark for your cable bill). I would do it myself but I know that if I hired someone that had experience with this and knew how much to ask for they would likely get a larger discount.

I had one business advertise a service like this to me on FB but the monthly fee was $3.5k so they are targeting larger businesses. :)

Top Bottom