Hello all, I need suggestions or ideas to create a small business as a part time. What do you think about mobile phone selling and purchasing?

I would lean towards no, and here is why: first of all, that market is saturated, and I'm not sure you've developed a business plan that differentiates you and your purpose from the pack, or selling some innovative accessory/bonus. Secondly, generational die out. A lot of milennials/ Gen Z kids are doing Google phones or buying their devices online. Also, starting a business from the ground up is going to require lots of work, so part time isn't going to be feasible. You may find better luck freelancing via UpWork, tutoring or even promoting yourself as a self brand.

Jake ERA

Have you considered starting an online business? Here is a list of online niches I put together that you could easily target to create an online business:
  • Diets
  • Pets
  • Food
  • Workout
  • Certifications
  • Your day job
  • Boardgames
  • Travel
  • Music
  • Videogames
  • Information technology (IT)
  • Weddings
  • Parenting
  • Shopping
  • Baseball cards
  • Fantasy sports
  • Cars
  • How to
  • DIY
  • Landscaping

SkyWriting

Hello all, I need suggestions or ideas to create a small business as a part time.

Here are some more Kindle categories that are popular, profitable, and have a shortage of books.
Kindle books are very low cost to publish. Much of the cost is free.

Julia Sta Romana

Top Contributor
There's nothing wrong with having a traditional business (like buying and selling) as a part-time business. I think the point most of us are trying to make here is you need to understand the market that you're getting into before you jump into it.

For example, the mobile phone selling and purchasing business, why do you think that would be a good idea for your market or area?

Is it difficult for people in your community/market to buy online? Do the have limited choices?

Is there a demand from people for a mobile store or a local seller?

Do you have better access to mobile phone suppliers compared to your competitors?

Do you have access to mobile phone models that your market would want that they can't get anywhere else?

If you answered yes to most of these questions then there's a chance that it might be a good idea. But as to whether it would be a viable and profitable business idea, then you'll have to do more research and more work.

There are a lot of good ideas when starting a small business. But it depends on your local area demand when you want to start a business that caters to service and product physically. Now if your small business can be done online, you can start eCommerce or maybe online services like digital marketing and web development.

Top Bottom