BrianWiz

So as I mentioned, I have finally saved enough to open and run my own online business. I have saved for about 7 years. I don't want to give it all away on here since I am only just starting but I will say that I am ready to go.

So I am wondering, when you have your plan mapped out on paper and in your head, what is the first step you actually take? Where should I begin?

LDPets

I am in the same process as you. Just starting out. I have read several books over the last two years and from what I gather, it is all trial and error but you have to get your feet wet before you could learn how to swim.

In other words, start from the bottom. Get yourself a domain, trademarks, get your site up and running. If you need to buy products, do that when you are ready to set the site up and launch it. Start small. Don't over buy. You can always use the "out of stock" option and order more. See what sells best.

ChowShow

I think it doesn't matter how educated you are, if you don't have enough experience in this sphere it's better to start with counselling with professionals. Then with professionals in finance in order to allocate your budget wisely. Marketers, to get the information about the current market situation and that to expect in 1, 5 10, 20 years. Think about how can you promote your business before and after you start it. If you have a ready business plan, it's better to consult with professionals (like agencies) and reveal all gaps before investing.

So as I mentioned, I have finally saved enough to open and run my own online business. I have saved for about 7 years. I don't want to give it all away on here since I am only just starting but I will say that I am ready to go.

So I am wondering, when you have your plan mapped out on paper and in your head, what is the first step you actually take? Where should I begin?

Hello BrianWiz and everyone on this thread. I'm glad to see you have decided to start your online business! I myself have started my own business in which we focus on providing entrepreneurs the tools they need to succeed.

Duplicated content from Introductions forum removed. @djbaxter

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom