ChrisM

Hey everyone, just joined. I thought this would be a great place to start for me.

I have a shop on Etsy that sells vintage items I find at garage/yard sales. What I do is I buy them, and then re-purpose them. Making them look better or I fix the broken parts of said items. I have had over 1200 sales on Etsy and my sister thinks I should take this to my own shop and sell my items on my own domain, no middle man.

I am just not sure where to start this. I have a fan base but I think Etsy would have a problem with it if I advertise me own site. Not really sure how that works.

ChrisM

As I mentioned in another thread, I am looking to making my Etsy shop into my own domain registered business and taking full control. How can I make the shift in sales without the help of Etsy?

djbaxter

Administrator
I'm not sure if Etsy would allow you to link to your own site or not: I've never personally used Etsy.

Apart from that, they are your products. You're not stealing anything from Etsy.

Your sister is right: Go for your own site.

Do you have email addresses for your Etsy customers?

Gin

I would suggest getting your own website. Wordpress does have it's own ecommerce platform too. I think it's called Woo ecommerce or something like that. I wouldn't think it's a problem to start your own site either if you list NEW items on your new site. Bluehost is really good and affordable but do research on hosts and find one you feel would be good. I love re-purposed products. I do that with clothes :D and awaiting on my sons to do furniture flip project for me. A dresser into an entertainment center. I love the creativity of these types of projects. Good luck!

djbaxter

Administrator
Wordpress does have it's own ecommerce platform too. I think it's called Woo ecommerce or something like that.
WooCommerce is probably the most popular and best known WordPress addon for ecommerce but there are also other options if you wish..

Bruce Jones

I see that Etsy has a product export feature. I would make your own website using WordPress and Woo Commerce and import your products, add some styling and get started. At the same time start creating new related blog posts thereby increasing the traffic to your new site. Once you are doing good on your own you can turn off Etsy but I bet that might not be for a while.

Top Bottom