• The forum topics have been reorganized and expanded to make it more comprehensive and easier to navigate. Let us know what you think!

Many Leads Few Sales

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

ArthurGachugi

of late i realized i have been having many calls coming in,clients coming in but in relevance with sales ,i sell less in-comparison with the leads i get.Is there a problem with my sales?where i advertise?or what might be the problem?

SARubin

MVP
It's hard to answer such a vague question, Arthur.

It could be a combination of things. It could be your sales presentation? Or it could be your advertising? Or a combination of the two?

Or it could be something else? (Like the market you're in is over-saturated with competition, and you need to differentiate your brand from your competitors?)

Also, what are your expectations for a closing rate? How does your current conversion rate compare to the average in your industry?

If you're closing 50% of your inbound leads, and the average for your niche is only 10%... then you're doing pretty good, and you might just need to expand your market to increase your sales. On the other hand, if you're only closing 10% - and the average is 50% (or more) ... then we have a blockage somewhere that needs to be addressed.

As far as advertising goes... Where you advertise is important, and what you say in your advertising is just as important.

If you're taking inbound calls, then your lead generation ads have two (2) equal and opposite purposes. One is to attract your ideal client... and the other is to repel the wrong types of people.

For example: If you're selling a high priced product or service, but attracting a lot of people who simply can't afford what you're selling, then you're wasting a lot of time and money advertising to people who will never be able to buy from you.

Have you determined who your ideal client is? And have you researched your market to figure out where they hang out, and why they're buying your type of product or service?

Now, if you're getting the right kind of people (leads) showing up from your ads, but you're still not making many sales... then it's probably your sales presentation that's holding you back.

When someone calls, do you ask questions about what benefits they're looking for in your type of product? And do you spend more time listening than talking, so you can discover how your offer might help them get what they're looking for?

What type of a sales person are you when someone calls?
Are you an Authoritative Expert? Or a Consultative Guide? Or a Relationship Builder? Or perhaps simply an Order Taker?

Each of these styles has a purpose, depending on the situation. So is your style matching what the people are expecting when they call, or stop by?

I know I've asked a lot of questions here, Arthur. But your original question is kind of vague and un-answerable. So hopefully some of my questions will give you some things to think about, and help you on your journey towards getting more sales.

All the best,
Steve

Last edited:

ckyap

having a lot of traffic is great and can turn a business around if you let people know hey so and so also stopped by and get people talking more so they consider you as an option on whatsapp etc. it's more than advertising but more of presentation

VirtualGlobalPhone

Top Poster Of Month
SARubin is spot on .... I want to add one more point here.

Market Maturity and customer understanding of product / services is one of the biggest drainer of time and money.

Latest posts