Managing Stress

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Thread starter #1
What do you do to manage your stress?

It is natural that we all have stress from time to time and the human body and mind I believe is fully capable of handling it BUT too much stress is a bad thing. I started doing some things myself that I find help. I started cooking my own meals. I know it sounds silly but cooking and even baking has helped release some of my stress. Also, it is a lot healthier than what I was accustomed to doing.. Eating out and grabbing fastfood all the time.

VirtualGlobalPhone

MVP
Hey @ChrisM, No one can manage Stress its a "Myth". You only face and do what you best. In that circumstances i take along with me "Music, Running, Cycling, Golf, Family Photos and Movies" .

djbaxter

Administrator
Hey @ChrisM, No one can manage Stress its a "Myth". You only face and do what you best. In that circumstances i take along with me "Music, Running, Cycling, Golf, Family Photos and Movies" .
That's not entirely true. If you mean no one can eliminate stress, you're absolutely correct. Even positive things in your life create stress.

But you can learn to manage stress (cope with stress) a lot better to minimize the negative effects of stress on your physical and psychological health.

Too much stress can lead to some serious medical conditions like cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack and stroke too. It is best to learn how to handle stress or prevent it from happening.

Small to Feds

MVP
Top Contributor
I have learned the very hard way over several decades that mind/body balance is key as well as managing expectations.

The human physiology has not evolved to match the pace at which we live today and the technology available to us. Gadgets (or "Gadget" programs) for fitness are a fad, cost money and supply relatively little value. They espouse the quick and easy because that is what sells. Diet programs are the same.

The following 4 basics are suggested for starters. They can be efficiently achieved but not quickly and for many not easily. But they are monumentally worth the investment. Like many other challenges they require management and synchrony with the other elements of our life.

1. Realign a long walk with problem solving and family time to have a clear horizon and put mind and body in synchrony. Our bodies still require moderate exercise to function because we have not yet evolved out of your "Hunter/Gatherer/Fight/Flight" physiology.

2. Develop habits that permit the subliminal mind to work while the body rests as least 7 hours a day with sleep.

3. The human body needs a mix of lean meat and vegetables. The artificial junk clogs us up and wears us down.

4. Manage expectations - those others have for us and those we have for ourselves. We are sensitive and vulnerable creatures, designed in a complex and vastly varying ways. The pace of life these days requires cultivation of expectation management and everyone must evolve their own unique form of that art.