laugh

Hi, all! I am in quite a fix, and I would appreciate any suggestion or help.

I am currently completing my Doctoral proposal, and I'm about to submit a final list of primary and secondary resources to my instructors. To be specific, I am working on the abstract for one of the proposed chapters entitled "Ethnography in the American Corporate Workplace." One of my instructors suggested that I refer to this book entitled Strategic Management. It appears to be a textbook more than a free-flowing read. It is also very expensive, and none of the people I know have used copies of this. I spoke to my instructor, and she says I can take this off the list if I can find an appropriate replacement.
What I've gathered from a preview of this book is that it is introductory and written for a college audience. But I find the above book too dry, as I do not have a business background. Could anybody please recommend a similar title, preferably something published in the last 5 years? I am actively looking, too, but I am not able to find books that can be cited in a thesis. So, I'd really appreciate a book that's quite academic--not a textbook, but one that points me to other resources.

I'd really appreciate any suggestion. Thanks!

PS: Sorry for the long post, and I hope I've posted this thread in the appropriate category.

laugh

Oh my! This is wonderful! Thanks a lot for listing these titles here. I really appreciate it! My first task for the day is to check these out to see if I can pick one or two.

Thanks again! This is mighty helpful! :)

laugh

Thanks a lot once again. This is just to inform you that I've chosen Working with Cultural Differences: Dealing Effectively with Diversity in the Workplace (Contributions in Psychology).

It is really interesting and works well for my chapter! :)

Top Bottom