Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Major rebrand for Google Adwords/DoubleClick

Discussion in 'Online Marketing and Advertising' started by mfawcett, Jun 27, 2018.

Share This Page

1. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

Thanks, mfawcett. I was reading that earlier today. It alarmed me initially because I thought it meant they were discontinuing AdWords but it turns out they are just renaming it to Google Ads.

That makes sense. When they introduced AdWords, all the ads were basically text-based, hence the term AdWords. But today, those ads are increasingly visual and multimedia so the relabeling describes their program more accurately.

2. mfawcett

mfawcett MVP

Yeah - I think this is a good move by Google. They had too many disparate, and confusing platforms for potential customers.

djbaxter likes this.