Looking for best sellers for sale on Amazon

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:3)

scobahcan

I am going to be selling on Amazon to make some extra money as the government disability allowance is not enough.

I have an idea of what I want to sell but I would like some additional input from you.

Originally I was going to sell jewelry but as it did not work out I have in mind either micro SD cards , SD cards (the regular type) , flash drives or possibly something else as long as it is small in physical size, inexpensive and light in weight. Not to mention things that may be good chance of selling well (as well as be popular).

I would appreciate any ideas that you have.

Thank you Craig

djbaxter

Administrator
You need two things:

1. volume: traffic to your site that will generate purchases on Amazon; and

2. links on your site to specific items: general Amazon ads are not effective in generating revenue but recommendations to specific products in the context of product reviews and recommendations are significantly more effective.

SARubin

MVP

JeanLuc

Test what product works best for you. Ideally something you can sell with a decent profit margin and that is easy to store. It all depends on what products you can get for what price and how much demand there is for these products. Good luck!

The problem with Amazon right now is that they designed their algorithm to prioritize their own products over popular products/ sellers:

So if you want to sell on Amazon, you need to build your market first and funnel them directly to your product pages. Because if you don't, you'll lose customers to Amazon.

It's not that Amazon isn't a good marketplace. It's just that if you're an inexperienced seller and you don't have a marketing system behind you, your products aren't going anywhere.

If you're looking to sell locally and you have stock on hand, you could try Facebook marketplace. That way, you can control your shipping cost and you'd have less competition.