1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

LLC for web business

Discussion in 'Starting Your Business' started by Fingerscrossed, Mar 13, 2016.

Share This Page

1. I'm starting a business that will be web based, the site will provide a service.

1. Is it important that the an LLC purchases the domain name or does it matter?

2. Also, this is my first attempt at business or a startup, there is so much info out there, is there a good begginers resource for this kind of web based business? Thanks.

2. Jessica Danes

Jessica Danes MVP Member

Do you have any updates on your business you'd like to share? I'm sorry your questions were never answered! I don't know much about web business, but I will try to help.

(1) Having your own domain name is always a good idea. The issue with a domain seems to be knowing which KIND of domain you want, especially if you want your business to grow into maybe a corporation. Here are a few tips that may be able to help you (and hopefully others) with figuring out what to look for when deciding a domain name:
    • make sure your domain name is easy to say and remember
    • know the renewal cost
    • consider hosting from the same site you're purchasing your domain from
    (2) There are many resources for how to start your online business. Personally, I love going to Entrepreneur for a lot of my business questions. A lot of the advice I've been given you can find on many articles. I can only offer a few tips from my experience. First, you want to know your audience, find your niche, see what you can offer that is different or better than others in the same market. Plan, write everything down, and keep records. Lastly, reach out to your audience in any way possible. Social media is your best friend in today's world. Create the separate accounts, update them frequently (and differently - your Twitter account is a different audience than your Facebook page), and email lists never hurt.

djbaxter likes this.
  3. YourRetailCoach

YourRetailCoach Member

I've seen a lot of people start and grow successful businesses by following below points

· Design and build a simple to use website.
    · Use SEO to attract traffic to your website.
    · Create an expert reputation for yourself.
    · Follow up with your customers.

Besides this you will have to know your customers, look your niche, see what you can offer that is dissimilar or superiorto others in the same market. Plan and design everything, and keep records.