Live Chat Lite? Using Facebook Messenger with WordPress

djbaxter

Administrator
I just came across this article today and it struck me as a potentially useful cheaper option to live chat on certain types of websites, particularly sites for small business where the operators are comfortable with technology. Why not use technology they are already using in their day to day lives so they don't have to learn something new?

I'm about to test drive this on a client's site now, using the Cresta Facebook Messenger plugin.

How to Add a Facebook Messenger Chat Box to WordPress
By Colin Newcomer, WPLift
September 22nd, 2017

You know those live chat boxes you see all over the web, now? There’s a reason they’ve become so ubiquitous - people like using live chat to get instant access to a human.

But live chat plugins aren’t the only way you can communicate with your visitors. You can also add a Facebook Messenger chat box to WordPress to communicate with visitors via the world’s most popular social network.

This is a phenomenon I first noticed in Vietnam, where Facebook Messenger is basically the entire country’s preferred method of communication (slight hyperbole - but it is really popular here).

And you know what? I kind of like it. Almost everyone has a Facebook account nowadays, so it lets people send a message without entering any of their details. And, people can always access their message history directly from their Facebook account.

Is adding a Facebook Messenger chat box good for every website? Probably not. But I encourage you to consider it because it is a great idea for certain audiences.
Read more...

VirtualGlobalPhone

Good to see facebook can be implemented as a chat bot. But the biggest issue is they don't allow without facebook member login . Which means that you will be forcibly redirecting visitor to create facebook account and then only chat.. that will surely put off the transaction what customer originally came for.

djbaxter

Administrator
the biggest issue is they don't allow without facebook member login . Which means that you will be forcibly redirecting visitor to create facebook account and then only chat.. that will surely put off the transaction what customer originally came for.
No. There is a setting on your business page which allows the sender to send anonymously without needing a Facbook account of their own. (At least that's how I understand the setting.)

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe