1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"LiNas" as a restaurant name, what comes to mind

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by LiNas, Jul 16, 2017 at 6:26 AM.

Share This Page

1. LiNas Member

how do you feel about "LiNas" as a restaurant name

2. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

Immediate thoughts:
    • what does LiNas mean?
    • is it supposed to be a type of food? an amalgamation of the owners names?
    • is it a play on Linus, like from Peanuts and Charlie Brown?
    • is it a play on Linux?
    • sounds better than Joe's Diner
    • possibly an upper class restaurant
    • possibly a health food place
    • possibly an Asian restaurant of some sort
    Not a bad name I guess, if it generates that many questions. I'd probably want to know more about it.

3. RolandV

RolandV Member

If you'd turn it into great name why not? It's all about you and how you do branding for it ;)

Linas it's also a popular Lithuanian name for Man. Also, in the same language, it is a plant which is used to make clothing. (google images - "linai")

djbaxter likes this.
  4. Julia Sta Romana

Julia Sta Romana Member

What type of restaurant are you building? In Asia, Lina is a girl's name so having a retaurant named "Lina's" wouldn't be out of place.

djbaxter likes this.
  5. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

The more I look at the name LiNas, the more I like it as a restaurant name. :)