1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

It's a sucky time for stocks

Discussion in 'Investments' started by Pop, Jan 24, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Pop

Pop Member

My stocks are down 15% on the year. It's getting pretty old. I am on a buy-and-hold strategy retirement is not any time soon. I just wish the market would get back into profit. All the little red arrows and evaporating money makes it harder to stick with my picks. But I know I have a good diversified portfolio and just need to ride it out.

2. ruener79

ruener79 Member

Stocks are not for the weak of hearts. I know it can be disheartening to see your portfolio in glowing red. But I think when we get into stock market investing, we know the risks involved. Also as an investment instrument, it's that kind of vehicle that needs a long-term horizon. Unless you're in the market for trading purposes, then yeah - stocks can be a formula for a heart attack, hehe. So, just hang in there! You're right, when the port is red, just ride it out. After all, what comes down will eventually go up especially if you're holding on to good stock picks and not just any garbage stocks.