1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to the BizWarriors Forum!
Why not join our community?

Is that a good idea to start a video on demand business like Netflix?

Discussion in 'Starting Your Business' started by Ashley John, Mar 20, 2017 at 8:01 AM.

Share This Page

1. Ashley John

Ashley John Member

I want to know that how many people are interested or think that it can be a great business to start.

2. djbaxter

djbaxter Tech Admin Administrator

I wouldn't.

There are some big players out there besides Netflix, including Amazon and various cable TV companies, who already do this. A competitor with the financial backing of Rogers came out last year in Canada and closed its doors the same year.

At best, you'd have to be prepared to operate at a loss for quite a while, offer something that other companies don't, and spend heavily on advertising before you could even hope to make a profit.

Ashley John likes this.
  3. Ashley John

Ashley John Member

Thanks for your this information. I have already a good budget to spend on marketing. Can't I start it in a particular location? Like in a state?

4. djbaxter

djbaxter Tech Admin Administrator

5. Gordan

Gordan Member

I think you are shaking asking the wrong question. You should be asking yourself how many people would pay for your service. Why would someone use your service over the Netflix or some other on-demand video provider...

djbaxter likes this.