1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to the BizWarriors Forum!
Why not join our community?

is it possible to defeat Google on their search engine?

Discussion in 'Starting Your Business' started by ShaneW, Nov 6, 2016.

Share This Page

1. ShaneW

ShaneW Member

I would start a new webmaster forum for my blog site and ranking it to top search but when i check this keyword "webmaster forum", Google is getting 2 first positions (as the picture)

f2kEsid.png

I don't know if i build a new webmaster forum it is possible to defeat Google on their search engine to get top 1 on Google search?

I have seen many cases like this and waiting for a valuable answer.

Thanks
    Shane

2. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Member

Is it possible to defeat Google, of course it is as anything is possible. However, it would be extremely hard to do and highly unlikely. However, you can give it your all but would need to spend millions of dollars in advertising alone along with many other things.

ShaneW likes this.
  3. Adam Toren

Adam Toren Administrator Moderator Member

Hi Shane,
    Similar to what William said above, I wouldn't recommend spending a lot of your marketing time on trying to beat Google. From what you've provided, it sounds like you can still make it to #3 on the search results, which isn't bad!

I would recommend spending your time leveraging other marketing techniques, like backlinking to your site, expanding your social media presence, etc. What are your other preferred methods of marketing?

Adam Toren

VirtualGlobalPhone and ShaneW like this.
  4. ShaneW

ShaneW Member

Thanks Adam, I will keep in mind these points

I am focus on social media and SEO but if it is hard to defeat Google with keywords like these, I would switch to easier keywords for my new sites.

5. I donĀ“t think so :(. They "own the world"

djbaxter likes this.
  6. minisam

minisam Member

You can beat google but it will need alot of work, in my opinion really not worth it but doable

7. sassytrumpet

sassytrumpet Member

Extremely hard to do but hey anything's possible. You're probably better off ranking for another keyword. Or aim to be the result after Google?

8. KITTvsKARR

KITTvsKARR Member

You can't beat Google at their own search engine.

9. Josephine Stuart

Josephine Stuart MVP Member

I'll have to second everyone else here and say it simply isn't worth it to try. All you can do is work on your site's SEO and try to find leads other ways. You may not be able to "beat Google," but you can certainly have a successful business without their help.