Julia Sta Romana

Top Contributor
Top Poster Of Month
Bottega Veneta just deleted their social media accounts. This is surprising because if you've seen their accounts, you can see that they know what they're doing. They really used social media marketing to their advantage, acquiring a lot of really influential fans in the process.

Why Did Bottega Veneta Delete Their Social Media? | GQ

At first it was speculated that deleting the social media accounts was simply a step towards rebranding for 2021. But if you check their job openings, they've removed any position for social media BUT jobs for communications and content are still available.

Another speculation is that by removing their social media profiles can work to their advantage by making Bottega Veneta appear even more exclusive or elite.

What do you guys think?

Julia Sta Romana

Top Contributor
Top Poster Of Month
Interesting.

I know almost nothing about Bottega Veneta (my fashion preferences lean more toward Mark's Work Warehouse lol) but what they have just done seems to fly in the face of accepted principles of marketing in the 2020s.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out for them.
I think this is their way of controlling their image. It's soooo easy to screw up on social media. It's so easy to be carried away by what's trending. Focusing on creating great content and having their influencers do the work for them might be their strategy.

Bottega Veneta just deleted their social media accounts. This is surprising because if you've seen their accounts, you can see that they know what they're doing. They really used social media marketing to their advantage, acquiring a lot of really influential fans in the process.

Why Did Bottega Veneta Delete Their Social Media? | GQ
Great share, Julia Sta Romana - never heard of this company before and I'm thinking .... perhaps, boldly deleting all their SM accounts will:

1. garner more attention as their fans, competitors await their next move
2. as you said, maybe they will rely on influencer fans to promote their brand
3. sometimes when a business is doing well, they might trash something in order to create something brand new

Keep us posted on their next move

Last edited:
Top Bottom