Into Blogging

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

I'm into blogging right now and I have enough articles to actually start a business. The problem is I'm not quite sure if the niche I choose will reach my audience. I've been writing about my experiences with people suffering from mental illness, which began after my grandmother had dementia. Some 'followers' provide comments of appreciation and sometimes questions about their own experiences and how I can relate to them.

Do you think my blog site will be successful? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

djbaxter

Administrator
I'm into blogging right now and I have enough articles to actually start a business.
What sort of business do you have in mind?

A mental health awareness blog can be very successful in terms of acquiring followers and commenters but in itself that's not necessarily a business.

You can monetize a blog in various ways, e.g., Google AdSense, Amazon... and if you have sufficient daily visitors you can make some money from that. With Amazon, your best bet is to target specific products (e.g., books on mental health and self-help issues) rather than running generic ads. You might think about writing reviews about specific products (Amazon) or apps on your blog.

Jessica A.

There are many people suffering from different kinds of mental illnesses. A lot more families and friends affected because their loved ones have it. You don't have to focus on one mental illness alone. You can delve into as many as you want. People from all over the world can relate to it because even regular people have the tiniest bit of disorder ranging from OCPD (Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder) to anxiety disorders.

To become successful in the venue you are working you must interact, social network and establish yourself as an expert identified as such by others. That means using your blog as a hub and then reaching out to others and perhaps converting your blog content to a book and offering it for sale. Adsense provides a monetizing revenue stream but you will not get rich at it.
I have been through the above drill for the last 11 years. The following links are some tips based on my experiences:

SMALL BUSINESS FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CONTRACTING ("Smalltofeds"): Why Social Network To Promote Your Small Business?

SMALL BUSINESS FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CONTRACTING ("Smalltofeds"): Maximizing Free Social Media Utilities to Promote Your Small Business

SMALL BUSINESS FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CONTRACTING ("Smalltofeds"): Are You Driving the Tools & Not the Car In Launching Your Small Business?

Best of luck.

azgold

MVP
You could become an authority site for a variety of mental health issues but if you're not sure about your niche, do some research. Check keywords, volume and competition.

This is just my personal opinion but I think if you can drill down to a niche within the mental health vertical that doesn't have tons of competition, you may have a better chance of attracting your perfect target audience.

As others have said, there are various monetization options.

Peyton White

I'm into blogging right now and I have enough articles to actually start a business. The problem is I'm not quite sure if the niche I choose will reach my audience. I've been writing about my experiences with people suffering from mental illness, which began after my grandmother had dementia. Some 'followers' provide comments of appreciation and sometimes questions about their own experiences and how I can relate to them.

There are a lot of people that are suffering from mental illness and I'm sure if you have created a very compelling content on your blog then you will be able to gain the attention of your target market.

Leif Staff

It will become successful if you will keep it updated.