1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How To Internet trends & demographics

Discussion in 'Marketing and Promotion' started by Edvin, Oct 7, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Edvin

Edvin MVP Member

I'm not sure if this should be under planning or marketing; but, here is a chalk full of links.

For starters, take a look at Pew Research Center Fact Sheets; for example, see the which social media is the most popular and how do demographics overlay.

Or you maybe interested to know that the rate of poverty is significantly higher with single parents; how do you think you should spend your ad campaign with this knowledge.

You can easily browse datasets and infer great content for you marketing campaign. For example, I stumbled across the article that the rising cost of not going to college is increasing; and going to college is worth more today; so, I can create a sense of urgency with regards to educational material.

How do you feel about looking at interactive demographic segmentation based on generation; so, now you can target your marketing efforts better.

Or perhaps, you want to know how the devices are being used

While I'm at it, I might as well share two favorite demographic data source, that you may already know. First is the demographics from usa.com, and next is the popmap for filtering location based on your demographics.

There certainly is no shortage of data. Arghhh, information overload :confused: