1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions or obstacles? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Independent contractor for another company

Discussion in 'Starting Your Business' started by ShaggyFox, Mar 19, 2017.

Share This Page

1. ShaggyFox

ShaggyFox Member

I'm applying for a job as an independent contractor courier for a company by me. Full-time ICs make "$95-$105 in commission a day, plus a fuel surcharge (10.0% of contractor revenue this week) to offset the cost of gasoline in excess of $1.20 per gallon which increases or decreases with the rise and decline in the cost of regular gasoline." -from their website.

So i have no clue about being an independent contractor, but i love driving my car and i already have 2 delivery jobs I'm looking to replace for 1 better paying full time job.

So 1st: What does the whole fuel surcharge thing mean?

2nd: Would it be worth it?

3rd: How do you go about figuring out taxes, and do I need to establish a business name?

4th: What else should I know? Because like i said, I have no clue and really don't want to end up owing on taxes or overpaying so i can't pay bills...

Thanks!