1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I'm not selling anything, I just have a few questions.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe_Ramirez, Jan 15, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Joe_Ramirez

Joe_Ramirez Member

I work for a company called A&R Screening.

We are working on a new product/process to help businesses purchase apparel for their employees. Our new solution is meant to streamline the ordering process.

Not including pricing...

What's your single most important question about ordering apparel for your employees?

Why would it make a difference in your life to get a good answer for this problem or find a solution you need?

How difficult has it been for you to find a good answer for the above?

Thanks in advance.

2. Edvin

Edvin MVP Member Top Contributor

My questions:

1) What apparel will employees feel comfortable wearing daily to maintain and promote my brand.

2) How do we allow for self expression and maintain branding

3)The elegant blouse may make some women self-conscious; so, does that mean we should go with generic polo branded shirt

4) Black shirts are nice; but, not sure if that is the way I want to promote my brand;
    Branded colored become loud and I don't want to wear them

5) how do I make my apparel so that employee want to wear them after hours and as part of their regular day

djbaxter likes this.
  3. Joe_Ramirez

Joe_Ramirez Member

This is a very interesting and helpful insight.

I would imagine that having a bunch of employees who want a bunch of different garment styles, sizes, and colors would make it quite the task to collect orders. Believe it or not, that can be a difficult order to print for us too.

If there was a solution that allowed your employees to pick from many styles and colors of garments (thst would be chosen beforehand by your company) that have your branding on them, without you having to collect all the orders yourself be of value?

Let's say if you had the option to create a mini online store where your employees could go (only they would have access to it) and choose their own styles, sizes, and colors. The store would be open for x weeks. Once that time is up your order gets printed and shipped to you.

Edvin and djbaxter like this.
  4. Edvin

Edvin MVP Member Top Contributor

I like it. I think some more brainstorming (and iterations) is needed to iron-out some kinks.
    For example, how can multiple setup-charges be avoided for silk printing on white vs black shirt; I imagine the embroidery will be less of an issue.

5. Gin

Gin Member

I think stepping into shoes as a customer and see through their eyes would be a good start. Answers for your questions can be found. What do you like? what looks good? overdone? understated? too casual? too formal? I've worked in the hospitality industry and never enjoyed some of those uniforms. Some can definitely add more elegance vs looking shabby, like housekeeping in hotels. As a former waitress, my fave outfit had been a simple dark blue wrap-around skirt with a white blouse. Hope that helps.

6. azgold

azgold Moderator MVP Member

What do your customers normally ask you? If you're selling to companies, you typically work with a purchasing agent.

Most companies order matching mens/ladies polos, embroidered. Screened tees and sweatshirts are also popular, depends on the industry. They can get more volume for better pricing if they get one style for all. I always found that price and value is among the top considerations, along with how their brand will be represented on the product.

For getting the sizes ordered, you could give them blank samples - one of each size. They can try them on before ordering.

Quote on one location, i.e. left chest, bottom right leg, or whatever you know you can do on all the same type of garments. For example, all the shirts in one location; pants/hats/whatever all in the same location. Let your customer know how big their logo will be, get them to sign off on the artwork.

The promo company I work for has online stores for clients. Most of them sell non-clothing items but the ones that do sell clothing have sizing charts, and/or have sizing samples at their place of employment.

Your online store could be a real convenience for your customers, once you get them set up.

djbaxter likes this.