Sophster

Hi everyone,

I’m hoping you can help me, I’m still at the stage where I’m a bit coy about sharing my idea but would really appreciate your help and experience.

I have an idea for a physical product, I don’t know where to start with getting it made? I have been on alibaba and websites to look at sourcing the different elements and then I thought I could put these together at home to create my product but ideally I would get a manufacturer to make my product for me with everything in one place, before paying out for multiple parts I wanted to get your opinions... Or do I need to get a prototype to preset to a manufacturer? I’m assuming i’d need an NDA...would I need a license with me and the chosen manufacturer for them to make my product?

Any help would be really appreciated as I feel like I am currently going in circles and coming up empty each time..... I’m feeling excited and motivated and really want to drive this forward but it’s hard knowing which way to go first.

Thank you for taking the time to read and I really appreciate any guidance and help.

Sophie

Last edited:

Julia Sta Romana

Top Contributor
Top Poster Of Month
I recommend your first step would be to go to a fablab and try building the product yourself first, if you have one in your area.

Building it yourself and having the prototype in your hands would give you an idea on how much your starting cost would be and the manufacturing time. Yeah, a factory would definitely do it faster. But doing yourself would let you know what the upper limit would be.

Also, if you're worried about your product designs being stolen then you should look into having the design patented.

Sophster

Oh amazing I haven’t heard of fablabs before! I’ve just checked and there’s one about 10mins from me!! I’m going to check it out, this is so brilliant thank you for your help 😊👏🏼

Hi Sophie!

Are you still looking for help making your product? I can help you manage prototypes, production, packaging, import etc. My small sourcing company is based in Colorado but I have people on the ground in China to find whatever I need.

Sophster

Hi Sophie!

Are you still looking for help making your product? I can help you manage prototypes, production, packaging, import etc. My small sourcing company is based in Colorado but I have people on the ground in China to find whatever I need.
Hello, thank you for your offer of support, I will get in touch if my current situation changes. Many thanks

Top Bottom