1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I dont know how to build a business with my passion

Discussion in 'Starting Your Business' started by Emmanuel Obioma, Aug 9, 2017.

Share This Page

1. I have always wanted to start an online business, but up till now, i have not been able to find a passion i have and build a product that will solve problems for people who love the same thing.

I just found out that my true passion is motivating and advising young people like myself to pursue their dreams, do what they love and reach their goals. But i am still overthinking it because i don't know how to monetize it.

I have an Instagram page for motivation with quotes and pics i made myself. I love designing motivational pics and sharing it with people.

I started a motivational accessories shop, selling motivational posters, iPhone cases, bracelets, but, i recently closed it because of no sales.

i can reopen it but i want to first carry out a survey to find out what people really want, not what i just like.

I have some other have ideas like: an online glasses store, an apparel brand that fits my style. But, i don't really feel excited about them like i do about motivating and advising people.

I am still young, so should i test and try all my other ideas even though i am not entirely passionate about them or just concentrate on motivation. And if i want to concentrate on motivation, how do i build a business around it.

I am an introvert, so i don't think motivational speaking will work in my favor.

2. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

Forget the survey. If you aren't getting visitors to your site(s), the chances of getting visitors to a survey are probably slim.

Start by reopening your online motivational accessories shop. Then have a closer look at why you are not attracting sales.

You have an Instagram page. Fair enough. Maybe that's not where your potential customers are.

Have you tried Facebook? Twitter? Other social media sites?

What about the site itself? Are there problems with the site that are impeding exposure?

What are you doing about basic on-page and off-page SEO?

Emmanuel Obioma likes this.
  3. I haven't really done much work on other social media sites and the seo, because i was just testing the first time response and not waste time creating something people would not want.
    That's why i decided not to run any ads yet.
    I want to create the survey to know what people really want and how i can provide that.

4. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, to use an old cliche.

You have already made a start. Find out what works and what doesn't with the work you've done so far. Then tweak it.

If your site is live, you can submit it for review here at Website Reviews.

5. Will do, thanks a lot