djbaxter

Administrator
Honestly, no I wouldn't.

Directories has their day years ago when they were a dime a dozen and webmasters though the links would help their SEO. It didn't then and it won't now. Among other things, the mathematics of PageRank made them virtually of zero value. And the changes in ranking algorithms since that time make the mathematics of link directories even worse. And it's unclear that anyone other than link builders ever used the vast majority of those directories even in their hay day.

End users haven't used directories for probably over a decade or more. Search technology has evolved to the point where they don't need to, since Google has indexed almost everything worth indexing on the net and continues to do so. And with Google reviews and a few other review sites, making decisions about where to buy products and services is now easily available in regular search as well.

spy100

it's not a directory ...people can create their own shops like on amazon / ebay ...

djbaxter

Administrator
Those are pretty big, well-established, and well-known competitors to go up against, in that case. What do you think your chances of overtaking them are, realistically?

spy100

i am going to put draconian conditions for shops that will join the mall:

Some rules that i will add:
1.Shop owner / employee will have 10 minutes max to respond to users if they are contacted via video chat / phone
2. Shipping limit 7 days maximum not like on ebay 30 days shipping .... if shop local should be same day shipping
3.Product / Services needs to be high quality ...no Chinese junk products will be allowed...etc...

Will invest a lot in Entertainment ...like you seen in the wireframe
Example:
-girls will be able to show off their clothing lsimilar to tik tok maybe
- If people want to go out on a date they can be matched by a real match maker
- Artists will be able to release songs ,show off their painting and sell them
- Online cinema similar to netflix
- People will be able to ask it experts etc for technical support
- People can join the biz club ...it will not be a forum ... more like yahoo finance
- People will be able to take cooking ,make up etc classes and show off their work
- Online video consultancy done by doctors , finance experts, lawyers etc
- A tv channel will be created similar to the shopping network,a online radio...
- Kids will be able to play online games and developers can get payed for their games etc
- Contests with prizes,online concerts
- You will be able to send flowers ,order food , send gifts, call a taxi ,reserve a private jet , book rooms ,plane tickets ... and many more ...

It's going to be very similar to a real mall...

spy100

Its a good concept spy100 . You may have to burn quite a lot of time and money to get some attention and seriousness it needed.

Keep it up.

Not if we gather more people and we team up ... i am not saying i know everything ..to run a mall takes a lot of people ,the same will be for the online mall ...

spy100

I want's you to feel my idea via music ...this is kind of music i want the DJ to play on the mall radio :

VirtualGlobalPhone

spy100 , The concept and all those instant attraction is good. But these are only a medium, its not a physical good. The success of this concept depends on the Customer acceptance and profitability to all.

what djbaxter shared initially is surely a point to address.

For customer or vendor it appears as old wine in a new bottle as of now.

spy100

i decided to change the layout style do to fact there could be thousands of nav links and to use wordpress as main cms as it is easier to manage by people

Preview:
Screenshot-from-2020-09-28-22-03-50.png

tabs

The idea is great but at this moment its looks like Aliexpress or smth like that
Maybe it should be Progressive Web App

BarKogan*

Top Poster Of Month
What is it gonna be better from whats already exists?
I'm not trying to be rude I'm really asking :)

spy100

What is it gonna be better from whats already exists?
I'm not trying to be rude I'm really asking :)
it's going to be more like a real human mall ...human interaction will be more then on a virtual mall like amazon or ebay

On amazon it's lifeless you visit their site you search and buy mostly junk Chinese producs and their products like alexa and amazon kindle etc and books that's it

On my mall my dream is to bring in the brands ,similar brands you see in a real mall ,also they should have someone 24/7 as support for the clients via chat / phone / videochat etc ...

Also the mall i am trying to build is like a social network at the same time + it will offer a lot of cool services similar to what you see in the wireframe if shops / service providers join in ...

Think of it as combining amazon with netflix / facebook / telegram / miniclip / yahoo finance / fashion tv etc etc all in one ...