Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to unwind and reenergize when there's so much to be done?

Discussion in 'Finding Balance' started by djbaxter, Dec 20, 2016.

Share This Page

1. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

No matter how much you love your business, no one can work 24/7 without risking burnout. But trying to find time away from work can sometimes seem impossible, especially when your business is relatively new.

How Busy Entrepreneurs Can Unwind and Regain Composure
    by Pratik Dholakiya, Entrepreneur.com
    December 20, 2016

Read more...

For many entrepreneurs, especially new ones, I suspect one of the most difficult things to learn is how to delegate tasks to partners or employees. I know that was a big one for me...

How do structure your work-relax balance? What strategies have worked and have not worked for you?

VirtualGlobalPhone likes this.
  2. Adam Toren

Adam Toren Administrator Moderator Member

I like to make relaxation and family time a priority. Rather than waiting for a free moment to unwind, I work it into my schedule. As you mentioned, those who never take the time to relax will experience quick burnout; on the other hand, working that relaxation into your schedule can make you more productive when you do work. If only for that reason, time to unwind should be an important item on your calendar, even if it's only a few days a week.

djbaxter likes this.
  3. Travelingsarah

Travelingsarah Member

I'm disabled. I have to sit in my wheelchair to use my communication device which is also my computer. I can't be in the wheelchair all the time. I watch movies when I don't want to be in the wheelchair anymore but anymore.. I make it a point not to work on Sunday, try to get out with friends after church if nothing else.

rWork\life balance is something I'm pretty interested in because I'm a travel agent.. I'm interested in other people's thoughts.

djbaxter likes this.
  4. Jrob

Jrob Member

I managed 10 Retail Stores when I was in the corporate world. When I first started, we would work everyday from Black Friday-Xmas Eve and most of these shifts were 10-12 hours or even longer. I was burned out by Christmas.

Once the company changed it to working 6 days a week during that period and the Sunday before Xmas, my productivity and attitude were a lot better. I was refreshed and not tired.

The key is to work smarter not harder.

djbaxter likes this.