How to Promote Website?

dimpaltambe

There are many method to promote your website. But the best method is to optimize for the Search engine by following the basic SEO rules. Well everyone knows about search engine optimization, Yes you just need to follow the Search Engine Guidelines and make your website SEO friendly. Organic traffic to your website will boost your business. You can also do the paid advertising if you looking for fast results.

This is like asking "How to promote a business?" Well, it depends on the business type, industry, market segment, resources, budget, timeline, etc.

There is no "one size fit all" solution or recommendation, hence why I find marketing challenging and interesting. You are constantly learning from customers and data, and trying different things. Remember, good marketing is measurable, so irrespective of how you decide to promote your website (PPC, SEO, Email, Influencer, Social, etc.) you need to be able to measure results. Peter Drucker said it best "If You Can't Measure It, You Can't Improve It"

Last edited by a moderator:

SARubin

MVP
I've gotta agree with evolvingdigital on this one.
it depends on the business type, market segment, budget, etc.
And I'll add one other bit to emphasize that answer...

The best way to promote your website (or your business in general) is to get it in front of your primary target audience, with a compelling offer that resonates with your audience.

If most of your primary market searches for your type of business through search engines... then SEO is the way to go.

But, if your best customers spend most of their time on Instagram (for example)... then the best promotion is to pay for (or become) an Instagram influencer.

Or, if you're trying to connect with corporate leaders... then a nice ad in the Wall Street Journal (or other business publication) could be the best way to go.

I guess when we boil it all down to it's core, " the best way" is really a subjective term.

I am a big fan of Erika Hall's advice on "Wired". She advocates a very hard look at market research (what it really is and what it is not):

"We need to identify our most critical assumptions and then decide how to validate them. These kinds of questions allow businesses to design and build for reality so their solutions fit smoothly into a habit-driven, mundane world that isn’t as innovative as we like to think."

For the complete article by Erika, see the link below:

How the 'Failure' Culture of Startups Is Killing Innovation

SARubin

MVP
Good article, Ken

I've always believed research is key for any promotion. In fact, I often find that researching a market (mostly the desires, wants, needs, and language used by the target audience) is as much as 80% of what I do, before I sit down to write any sales piece. (sometimes, with enough research, the piece practically writes itself)

As far as the "failure culture" Erika speaks of in her article, I have to agree with her...

I've never understood the distorted advice from the so called Gooroos preaching "fail fast, and fail often, on your way to success."

I get the original intent, that we shouldn't be "afraid" to fail, otherwise we end up paralyzed and afraid to start.

But to go into a project, looking forward to failing (or just not caring if you fail, or succeed) just doesn't make any sense.

What's wrong with going into a project looking forward to succeeding? And if things don't work out, then we simply make adjustments to the course. (That's not called failing, that's called learning and improving).

And if we want to improve our odds of success, then it starts with first researching the market (at least to find out if anyone actually wants what we're selling?)

I don't know... maybe I'm just too "old school" for believing that wanting to succeed, is better than wanting to fail?

All the best,
SAR

Bolton

SEO is by far the best for pretty much all businesses, but you never want to rely on one thing. For my clients (even though I specialize in SEO), if we think paid traffic would be beneficial then we do those things for them, as well. It all depends on the niche. Like you wouldn't want to run paid ads to a plumbing company for example, but if it's a digital eCommerce store or a local book store then it could make a lot of sense.

John Racine

My experience has shown there are different strategies for different reasons. I like and use SEO which is a part of a longer term strategies. I like and use Facebook, Twitter, Google and others. I recommend to potential clients to consider all methods but what is the core reason?

I have seen people use Google PPC to drive clicks then sell the site on Flippa, I have seen others use Facebook for lead generation and sell the leads, I have seen restaurants use FB events and Boosted Posts to build custom audiences and email lists to market to later.

There really isn't a be all end all for this, but proper evaluation used to determine the end result.

It entirely depends on where your audience are - are you most likely to find them on social media? Will they search for your keywords? Is it worth investing in ads?

Peyton White

It entirely depends on where your audience are - are you most likely to find them on social media? Will they search for your keywords? Is it worth investing in ads?
Precisely yes, we often consider our target market or audience then will start from there.

rasalle

Yatendra is saying absolutely right. There are lot of ways to promote a website like SEO, Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing etc but as per my personal opinion SEO is the best method and is a widely adopted online marketing strategy that is helpful to increase brand awareness, build targeted traffic, and promote your organization’s or business performance in the search results.

Who is your target audience? Where are they? What do they want? How can you answer their needs?
Much like it's already been said, you need to know all of these things in order to know what the best way to promote your website is. Build your personas, identify their pain points and how you can address them, map their consumer journey.
Once you have all of this locked down, you can start looking at the best ways to promote your website, whether it be SEO, social media sharing or paid ads :)

buy_ince

you can do lots of things to promote website. But the best method is SEO. SEO can done in two ways.
1)onpage seo
  • Meta title
  • Meta description
  • Content optimization
2)off page seo
  • SBM
  • SMM
  • image sharing
  • ppt sharing
  • profile creation

johnmart

If you have the best products and service in the market but without effective advertising no one known about you. There are seven website promotion tips you need to follow to get your page up to the top of the search engines.
- Focus On Website SEO
- Use Social Media Marketing
- Search Engine Listing
- Use Signature or Branding
- Focus to use Quality and Unique Content
- Google Local Listing
- Affiliate Marketing

davidlee21

It Depends on your audience. If your website is related to youths then fb and instagram can be a useful platform to run ads on.
It also depends on If your business is B2B or B2C.
There is no particular way to promote there are many types of websites and many ways to promote them.

VirtualGlobalPhone

The best and one of the important piece of this great puzzle is "High Quality Unique Content". That will override all the other tweak...

From the well-known and probably banal ways to promote the site, probably:
  • SEO promotion
  • Content marketing
  • Social networks and Youtube
  • Partnership with other sites
  • Conducting a PR campaign
  • Placing a site in contextual advertising in social networks and search engines

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Latest posts