1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to Optimize a Blog on Website

Discussion in 'Websites: Design, SEO, Security' started by garakelim, Mar 16, 2017.

Share This Page

1. garakelim Member

Hi,
    We have a blog on our website. Can anyone help me how to optimize a blog? I know that blogs are very important on the website. We keep adding fresh content on it. What else we can do to gain more traffic on it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2017
  2. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

Content by itself, unless it's original and highly compelling, won't get you high rankings.

Try installing a plug-in such as Yoast's SEO plug-in.

3. David_Wu

David_Wu Member

Use keywords (just not the robotic, forced ones). :)
    Does your blog have a particular niche?

4. jmac

jmac Member

The content needs to be good, but even then, you'll need to spend just as much time promoting it as you do writing it.

djbaxter likes this.
  5. garakelim Member

Yes, all the posts are related to digital marketing.

6. Utpal Member

Use social media and adwords ads to spread your blog posts! Otherwise in this competitive niche you will have hard time getting readers.

7. Jason Oman

Jason Oman Member

Absolutely agree with Utpal!
    Once you know people will like your content, its an awesome opportunity to position yourself as a Go To source for your niche. If you have Sig File with helpful resources, and/or ads on the sides/Banner, etc, it can possibly help more than pay for marketing costs.
    Just keep close track of your #s and focus on figuring out your best ROI stategies for it!

Anyway, wishing you the best, Garakelim!

djbaxter likes this.
  8. A valuable and a very persuading content can help a blog to leverage among the others. To add to it, social media and any related online digital marketing can help too with optimization.

9. Not sure if this is right but you can do a blog post to your social media daily.

10. Is this available in Wordpress? I already have more than a hundred followers on wordpress and most of them have really high hits. For example, an article would get more than 300 views, whereas mine gets 10 :( how sad is that?

11. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

It is indeed. See Yoast SEO

12. alvin

alvin Member

Find Facebook Groups related your niche, share your content and the link to your blog to gain traffic.

13. pedrocampos

pedrocampos Member

Focus on valuable content and try to use lower volume long tail keywords, between 0 and 40 000 results on google and bing. Syndicating your content to other social media platforms also helps. What I do is transform a blog post into a video every day and distribute it across the web.