1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Welcome to the BizWarriors Forum!
Why not join our community?

How to grow my sales & marketing

Discussion in 'Sales' started by Kevin A, Apr 12, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Kevin A

Kevin A Member

Hello everyone i wonder why we don't call it EntreprenuerFix took sometime for me to find it. So I started a solar company and i been working on fixing the website and finding what i can do to at least gain an email. I really don't know where to find the homeowners to sell solar to i tried groups of my area and been posting and i have got lead but no sale yet and i am getting frustrated. I want to go door to door but i would like to know if i could generate more sales online since everyone is talking about it. I am thinking of doing OSP but i want to know if Entrepreneurs use it for their lead generating not just referring. Thanks everyone i would really appreciate any advice.

2. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

Hi, Kevin. Welcome back.

EntrepreneurFix was bought by BizWarriors in November 2016 and rebranded.

What exactly does your company do in the solar indistry?

We state in our forum rules: "Do not post links ask for reviews of your website unless you are specifically asked to do so by an Administrator or Moderator."

However, this is one of those cases where I am asking you to post it. An industry like yours these days (1) needs to rank well in local search which requires some additional search engine optimization; and (2) increasingly needs to be responsive so that it is easily viewed on smaller screens like tablets and smart phones. Missing wither one of those can leave your website virtually invisible. Post the link and I will check it out for you.

I think you definitely want to be promoting a service like yours online in today's markets. At the same time, you shouldn't be relying on any single mode for marketing. Use a service like VistaPrint to create some business cards and postcards and drop those off in different neighborhoods, at local stores like grocery stores that have bulletin boards where you can place a postcard, ask local businesses like hardware and home improvement stores if they will allow you to leave some business cards or postcards on display (you can purchase holders from VistaPrint as well) - basically try to find places where you can get your name and the name of your business out there.

This is probably an excellent time of year to be starting marketing campaigns like that too, with the advent of spring in the northern hemisphere.

Using social media like Facebook is something else you should be doing... create a company page on Facebook, don't use your personal page, and get your friends to like it and spread the word via their friends.

I'm not familiar with the acronym OSP. In Canada, that can mean several things. Can you narrow that down for me?

azgold and VirtualGlobalPhone like this.
  3. Kevin A

Kevin A Member

Thanks @djbaxter for your reply. Yes OSP is Online Sales Pro it's a program that creates capture pages to get emails and numbers to generate leads. I want to try for my business. Now i want to know a business owner who really uses for there business not just a referral program.

4. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

Ok, thank you. I've never used it.

5. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator MVP Member

hey @Kevin A , good to see you back.

I guess nothing changed .. since i read and replied your early articles. Complaints still continuing ....

Change the way you are look at world, the "thing" you look at changes.

6. Kevin A

Kevin A Member

Thanks bro i see where i need to work in. But i will view things differently.

7. Konstantin

Konstantin Member

Hi, Kevin.
    In my country, very popular united discount system for clients - UDS Game.
    Simply put, digitized word of mouth.
    We implement this system in any business. Clients start inviting each other. Increases the traffic of customers. Look, maybe find for yourself something useful for your business.

8. azgold

azgold Moderator MVP Member

I agree with everything @djbaxter said. You need to concentrate on local, and if it makes sense, online. I won't repeat all his advice but I think it's very sound.

Re squeeze/capture pages, many companies do that. Is OSP industry-specific in any way?

9. Steven Witham

Steven Witham Member

Best thing you can do for your business, Kevin, is automating your marketing. I've worked with some Solar guys before and they solely relied on door-to-door sales. However, once they did try online marketing automation and social advertising they where able to manage their business more efficiently and grow their client base.. load their pipeline with warm leads :)

djbaxter likes this.