1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions or obstacles? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to get started?

Discussion in 'Planning Your Business' started by Amy, Sep 20, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Amy

Amy Member

I am a decent writer and am looking to start writing content for different places. The problem is I'm not sure where to start. Does anyone else here do online writing as their primary or side job? I was thinking informative type articles but I'd also be willing to help with academic writing. My main area of interest is health but I can learn just about anything. I'd appreciate any help and suggestions anyone can give.

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Member

Hello there! I am also a freelance writer who's always on the lookout for new online opportunities. Well, you may want to try writing for content mills and article websites such as BlogMutt, Cracked, Constant Content, Current Content, iWriter, ListVerse, and Love To Know. Best of luck! :)

3. Stacie Woodland

Stacie Woodland Member

Hi @Amy! I, too, have done some freelance writing. It's really nice because you can set your own schedule. You also get to write wherever you want, and don't have to spend the gas money going to an office everyday. However, you might be worried about being paid regularly, and having to set aside some of that pay for possible taxes. If you're like me, you'll also find yourself constantly distracted, but I'd be even more distracted in an office.

That being said, there's this great article on Phoenix-Books about writing for content mills. Scripted is one suggested in the article, and I have written for them from time to time - no complaints! Good luck! Let us know how the writing is going!

djbaxter likes this.
  4. YourRetailCoach

YourRetailCoach Member

If you looking for article writing websites so you can start earning money online? Freelance article writing gives you the opportunity to work from home. Jobs, where article writers can be earning money, are listed every day. There are many websites such as Cracked, Constant Content, Current Content, ListVerse etc.

djbaxter likes this.