1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How to generate new ideas

Discussion in 'Planning Your Business' started by Zuckerberg Jr, May 17, 2015.

Share This Page

1. rz3300

rz3300 Member

It may seem like something simple, but going to a new place with new surroundings has always been critical for me when it comes to thinking of new ideas. People draw inspiration from all sorts of places, but I find that a fresh scene is good for the mind. If nothing else it will give you a little peace knowing that you are somewhere new, and this is never a bad thing in my opinion.

2. bria1

bria1 Member

Believe it or not YouTube can spark ideas in my mind. The many tutorials are very informative and helpful.

3. thedude

thedude Member

For a new business idea I look for something I have a personal interest in. I will use the common method of trying to find problems or open markets and then coming up with a solution to the problem or moving into an area where I know I can do better than my competition. Staying in the mind frame comes natural to me, but business forums like this one and other websites give me motivation.

4. Jessica Danes

Jessica Danes MVP Member

@Zuckerberg Jr
    I, too, follow forums like this one. I also keep up with the latest culinary trends in order to assure my store has the latest and greatest for when my customers come asking for a pizookie pan or a spiralizer. I try to keep a notebook on me at all times in case I get new ideas for displays or specials, too.

djbaxter likes this.
  5. YourRetailCoach

YourRetailCoach Member

New ideas are very important to start a business. To generate new ideas attend seminars, forums, be updated with the latest news. It will surely get you a huge profit.

6. Ashley John

Ashley John Member

djbaxter likes this.
  7. Pauline Greening

Pauline Greening Member

I guess it still depends on your vision. I get my ideas from personal experience as a consumer, reading a lot of news and related things to identify the current trends in the market, identify the demands, etc.

djbaxter likes this.
  8. zyra kate Member

There can be ideas anywhere, there is no guarantee that we will find it at a particular source. Experiences & research can lead to new ideas, but ideas that comes from out of the blue are the best ones.

djbaxter likes this.