How To Become The Complete Package?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:5)

Hello,

I have a kind of odd question.

I do very well in my career however, I believe I am not the Complete Package. My Boss for example I believe is. We really don’t use terms like Boss because our company is more of a Team oriented company. I just wanted to use the most basic term that most people would understand quickly.

I could go on for hours about different topics here, but I want to be brief.

Essentially, I want to learn about the following and how to play the following well:

1-Golf
2-Hunting
3-Being Extremely Courteous
4-Remember People’s Family
5-Genuinely Care

I want to become the complete package but have a hard time devoting enough time if any to become well versed in society at large. I am in my 30’s so I still believe I have plenty enough time to do this. For example, I could still pick up golf and play for 40 years if I want to. However, I also find myself forgetting about prospects and accounts family members, etc. because I do not believe I put enough importance on those topics. Its like I am a machine or something.

I just feel at sometimes there is so much to learn in such a short amount of time I get lost trying to start new things.

My main question is, do I stick to what I know best or try any of the above 5 things? I mean my personality is more of keep your head down and work hard. I mean don’t get me wrong I can open up and have fun however, I would rather get the job done right. I am a bit of a perfectionist and extremely competitive. I realize to take my career to the ultimate level I need to be the best of the best and well versed in all levels/walks of life.

I could go on and on however I will just end here. What does everyone think? I believe you get the point.

VirtualGlobalPhone

Top Poster Of Month
Welcome to the bizwarriors nextlevel .

All 5 things you listed, if it makes you happy, joyful, fun just do it. Else remove that and put a new one.

Doing other than what you do on daily basis is important for overall development of one self.

Mine is -
Golf
Cycling
Running
Reading
Community service

Best wishes...