How To Become The Complete Package?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:2)

nextlevel

Hello,

I have a kind of odd question.

I do very well in my career however, I believe I am not the Complete Package. My Boss for example I believe is. We really don’t use terms like Boss because our company is more of a Team oriented company. I just wanted to use the most basic term that most people would understand quickly.

I could go on for hours about different topics here, but I want to be brief.

Essentially, I want to learn about the following and how to play the following well:

1-Golf
2-Hunting
3-Being Extremely Courteous
4-Remember People’s Family
5-Genuinely Care

I want to become the complete package but have a hard time devoting enough time if any to become well versed in society at large. I am in my 30’s so I still believe I have plenty enough time to do this. For example, I could still pick up golf and play for 40 years if I want to. However, I also find myself forgetting about prospects and accounts family members, etc. because I do not believe I put enough importance on those topics. Its like I am a machine or something.

I just feel at sometimes there is so much to learn in such a short amount of time I get lost trying to start new things.

My main question is, do I stick to what I know best or try any of the above 5 things? I mean my personality is more of keep your head down and work hard. I mean don’t get me wrong I can open up and have fun however, I would rather get the job done right. I am a bit of a perfectionist and extremely competitive. I realize to take my career to the ultimate level I need to be the best of the best and well versed in all levels/walks of life.

I could go on and on however I will just end here. What does everyone think? I believe you get the point.

VirtualGlobalPhone

Top Poster Of Month
Welcome to the bizwarriors nextlevel .

All 5 things you listed, if it makes you happy, joyful, fun just do it. Else remove that and put a new one.

Doing other than what you do on daily basis is important for overall development of one self.

Mine is -
Golf
Cycling
Running
Reading
Community service

Best wishes...

Hello,

I kinda understand what you are talking about - I am kind of a "machine person" sometimes too. Well, I care about people, and I care a lot, but I cannot remember all people's details like family members. My style is more about hearing what someone is facing right now and helping as much as I can, and likely I won't even remember I helped a couple of months later. Sometimes, I won't even remember the person.

Maybe you won't believe me, but something very trivial helps me a lot: writing a journal. Something where you write and can easily find/recovery information about whoever is relevant to you. Just by writing you will easily remember, but if you ever is going to meet someone, you can always retrieve written information about that person case you forget anything.