• The forum topics have been reorganized and expanded to make it more comprehensive and easier to navigate. Let us know what you think!

How do you qualify sales leads?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

janeoftrades

How do you qualify sales leads for your business to help you identify a good lead vs. a bad lead for your business?

Bob Fucci

I believe you qualify leads multiple times through the selling process. One way at the pipeline phase is to match the person to your "business persona" - thy type of people you seek to sell to. If that is a match, timing, funding, evaluation and selection process, are essential to determine. I find that clients who identify other people in the decision process are often more qualified - at least in software sales. Its not too often that one person makes the buying decision. Hope this helps.

DorothyAt40

I agree with Bob. You've got to qualify your leads throughout the process. I was reading an article about a lead-scoring model that's pretty helpful. It helps you differentiate the tire kickers from the people who are ready to go. And for my numerical brain, it works out perfect because it helps me figure out how to rank who I should be focusing on heavily vs. focusing on "loosely". They talk about it in this article: 13 Tips for SMB Sales: How to Strike It Big Selling to Small and Medium Businesses | Propeller CRM Blog -- Hope this helps!

I believe you qualify leads multiple times through the selling process. One way at the pipeline phase is to match the person to your "business persona" - thy type of people you seek to sell to. If that is a match, timing, funding, evaluation and selection process, are essential to determine. I find that clients who identify other people in the decision process are often more qualified - at least in software sales. Its not too often that one person makes the buying decision. Hope this helps.
I agree. You have to make sure to micro sell at every stage of the sell. Who are you trying to reach, how do you reach them and how do you keep them.