samurijv2

This field has been buzzy for a while now, but I'm curious to learn how actual entrepreneurs are using data/analytics to drive decision making during day-to-day operations. Is this a big focus area for you? Or do you feel the emphasis on data/analytics is overstated?

Do you have a set of KPIs you regularly measure progress against? How useful/reliable are your metrics?

Have you been able to automate your approach to data gathering/processing? Or is this something you're doing manually by hand?

If you plan to make improvements in the area of data/analytics over the coming months, what kinds of changes do expect to drive the greatest ROI?

Would love to hear a few perspectives on how other business owners are approaching these kinds of questions in the real world.

Izabel

Hello,
Looking at a big amount of data can be really exhausting and we had this way of making analysis for a long time. It is not the most productive way. Now we have an ERP system with a few different types of reports and a Power BI integrated into it. This is a life-changer.

Most of the report is made just with a few clicks and the BI reports are automated and visualized. Now our day-to-day reports are easy and fast and we don't waste time with them.

Totally recommend to every business to find a good ERP suitable for them.

Julia Sta Romana

Top Contributor
Top Poster Of Month
In addition to marketing, we've used it in making improvements on our website. How to make it easier for customers to get the information they need and how to make the sales process smoother.

britanyweel

Hey, there, so yeah, we do have KPIs at our company, but they are pretty basic. We mainly use Google Docs and Google spreadsheets just because they are free of charge, and the company doesn’t want to invest in actual CRM software. I happen to work in a company that even organizes virtual team buildings. It is not like I complain about it or something, but I believe that there is no way you can do business without investing in it. Also, the KPI metrics that we use are such nonsense that there is a big flow of employees that are leaving the company. I Never thought that this kind of thing would matter.

link fremoved - admin

PatrickM

Data analysis is essential for any business but the systems must be implemented correctly and the objectives meaningful.
Generally, I like using an OKR (Objective and Key Results) framework with relevant KPI's. The OKR's are generally applied through all the levels of the organisation in short term cycles (quarterly) and focused on a process rather than just the outcome.

Top Bottom