Peyton White

It's almost 10 months now since the Coronavirus spread, a lot of businesses are really affected. How are the businesses in your area holding up during this time?

djbaxter

Administrator
Governments in many countries are doing what they can. In Canada, they have already given out grants to many small businesses and have announced more to come. This is in addition to grants to individuals.

EricHudson

Banned
If it's legal in your state, then better talk to some local entrepreneurs about funding and sharing the ownership.

Peyton White

COVID-19 pandemic is a traumatic event of a much larger scale. It has caused physical, emotional, and psychological distress, and not just for patients of the virus but for everyone that was affected. Businesses are crumbling and I wonder how entrepreneurs manage stress?

Lisa B

2019 was first promising year for us after 3 yrs of struggle. So COVID19 was a bit demoralizing to my spirit. If not for funding would not still be here. Stayed open, have been doing all the pivots (contactless, PPE, online ordering, updated website, shot a commercial, launched a vegan burger, etc.)- our last piece (delivery) starts today. Staffing has been challenging, and I am really not trying to get in bed with 3rd party delivery.

djbaxter

Administrator
Hang in there, Lisa B. It sounds like you are doing everything right.

2020 has been a crap year and it will continue into 2021 but those who can hang on will start to see some light at the end of the tunnel by spring.

Dora Wi

MVP
Around my area, I see that a lot of businesses managed to adjust by switching to online services - such as healthcare consultations, private tutoring and life coaching moving to videochat (which in some cases even helped with reaching a wider base), and all kinds of stores starting to offer e-commerce.
At the same time, hospitality and entertainment businesses are really struggling, and the support the government offers is limited. Especially now that we are living the "second wave" of it all.

michaelshah

Due to the evocation of the pandemic, many buildings have been stopped. Covid-19 has caused significant financial losses. But with the advent of vaccines, slowly, everything starts to come back to normal. In any case, I could continue the construction of my building without problems related to viruses and prohibitions. If you go back to your plans, I can recommend Pete Suen's scaffolding for tall buildings. They are the safest, in case you get rid of the worries about your workers. I have been working with it for 4 years already.

Izabel

In my country, small businesses are very affected. Especially if they are not related to food supply to don't have an online version of the shop. I think that the government is trying to help them.

Top Bottom