Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How are Commercial Prepaid Cards helpful for Small Businesses?

Discussion in 'Financing Your Business' started by Conext Card, Jun 25, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Conext Card

Conext Card Member

How are commercial prepaid cards helpful for small businesses?

2. fulfillment

fulfillment Member

We have 1 prepaid card and we only use it if we need someone to go pick up something. Someone running to a big box store, supply store, or to get fuel, but before they head out the door we know with in $50.00 of what they are going to spend and it takes 1 minute to log in and to transfer funds to the card for that trip. The only thing the card has been used for this year was to get fuel because I hate driving the box truck.

A prepaid card does not help your Paydex score so usage should be very limited.

djbaxter likes this.
  3. fulfillment

fulfillment Member

I forgot.
    IF you pay with a bank transfer sometimes you can get a 5% discount. A lot of places have added in the 5% CC processing fees into all orders and by not using one sometimes they will pass on the savings. My bank has a setup under pay bills to transfer money.
    When you order a full semi load of something 5% can be a lot of money...

djbaxter likes this.
  4. annagreenang

annagreenang Member

Thank you for the helpful info, i had wrong concept about it.