Peyton White

For those who have a retail business, what kind of credit card machine are you using? My friends and I are opening up a coffee shop in a few months and we would like to know what kind of credit card machine we should get. Do we go for a traditional credit card machine or a tablet POS system?

T J Tutor

For those who have a retail business, what kind of credit card machine are you using? My friends and I are opening up a coffee shop in a few months and we would like to know what kind of credit card machine we should get. Do we go for a traditional credit card machine or a tablet POS system?

I would go with Square, PayPal, Stripe, may be right for you. Amazon has one coming soon. Here is a list of a couple of dozen similar POS systems.

Peyton White

The tablet POS is more recommended for restaurants. I have been seeing such units in most of the coffee shops and fine dining restaurants I love to go to.

Peyton White

I read a lot about the difference of traditional credit card machines and tablet POS and I might go with the traditional CC machine. I'm torn between Ingenico and Verifone from TSYS. Do you know anyone who uses the same merchant solution?

chelsearandol

The tablet POS is more recommended for restaurants. I have been seeing such units in most of the coffee shops and fine dining restaurants I love to go to.
I was thinking about getting a POS system from Square up. I've seen a lot of that when I go to my local coffee shop.

djbaxter

Administrator
Square isn't just for restaurants. I've used it occasionally as an alternative to PayPal or Interac in my business, although I haven't bothered to figure out how to use it to input credit card details when it's not a face to face transaction with a physical card present.

Pros: they are fast and easy and the money gets into your bank account quickly

Cons: if I recall correctly, their fees are a bit higher than PayPal (it's been a while since I last used it though so I'm not certain of that or if it's still true)

VictorLoanz90

I’d go for a tablet pos system such as square or stripe something that’s up to date and easy enough to use to where a cashier can operate it with ease

Hanna

Guys, what about accepting payments in crypto?

It saves you up to 70% on payment processing costs. Which is a decent number at the end of the month.

I think for SME it is the best solution and the procedure itself is simple - you just open the wallet and start.

djbaxter

Administrator
As much as anything, I think it's a matter of confidence in the currency and I'm not even close to being confidence in the security and stability of crypto currencies at this point.

Top Bottom