1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help in choosing the right payment system for start up

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by Peyton White, May 5, 2016.

Share This Page

1. For those who have a retail business, what kind of credit card machine are you using? My friends and I are opening up a coffee shop in a few months and we would like to know what kind of credit card machine we should get. Do we go for a traditional credit card machine or a tablet POS system?

2. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Member

I would go with Square, PayPal, Stripe, may be right for you. Amazon has one coming soon. Here is a list of a couple of dozen similar POS systems.

3. The tablet POS is more recommended for restaurants. I have been seeing such units in most of the coffee shops and fine dining restaurants I love to go to.

4. I read a lot about the difference of traditional credit card machines and tablet POS and I might go with the traditional CC machine. I'm torn between Ingenico and Verifone from TSYS. Do you know anyone who uses the same merchant solution?