1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hello New World!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Valerie Hart, Jan 22, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Valerie Hart

Valerie Hart MVP

I'm so excited to connect with fellow entrepreneurs! I'm trying to begin my own editing company as I have worked in a small editing firm as a side job out of high school and fell in love with the craft. I am open to any and all advice you (Biz Warriors) have to share with me.

2. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

Welcome to the forum, Valerie. :)

3. azgold

azgold Moderator MVP Member

Hiya Valerie and welcome!

That sounds exciting! Will your business be strictly an online venture, or will you scout offline clients, as well?

Anytime you have a question or want to share some good information, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forums, Valerie! :)

4. Valerie Hart

Valerie Hart MVP

Thank you @azgold!
    Online to start to reach out to a wider audience, but I'll be posting on community boards and reaching out to my writing friends.

5. Adrianna Nine

Adrianna Nine MVP Member

Welcome, Valerie! A taste of the industry during/after high school never hurts. :) I used to run a tiny online editing business myself, so if you have any industry-specific questions, let me know!

I think it's becoming increasingly common for editors to seek work strictly online. It's more time-consuming to find clients in person, IMO -- but I haven't tried, so I may be missing something.

6. Adam Toren

Adam Toren Administrator Moderator Member

Welcome to the BizWarriors Forum @Valerie Hart! Happy you've joined us.

7. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Member

8. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator MVP Member

Hello @Valerie Hart , Thanks for joining the community of bizwarriors.

Sorry if i being judgmental .. but i personally believe you are driven by passion you love. And that's a good beginning ...

Keep it up and do share your progress ..

Best wishes ...

djbaxter likes this.
  9. grNadpa

grNadpa Member

As a recent member, I certainly find this forum a terrific source of wisdom, perspective and strategy.