1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hello fellow Biz Warriors!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Melanie Harrison, Apr 18, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Melanie Harrison

Melanie Harrison Member

Hi all,

I am a small business loan agent with David Allen Capital which specializes in lending to small businesses to help them grow. I have a unique situation which I am looking to get help with so I am seeking advice everywhere. I live here in Scotland which is cold but lovely, however my client base is in the USA. I'm looking for help to promote and find clients and team members but this will mainly need to be done online and not spammy, I want people to come to me because they need my services and not me hounding people. I really want my biz to be successful and knowledge is the best way for me to that.

azgold likes this.
  2. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

Welcome to BizWarriors, Melanie. Glad to see you found us. :)

I would recommend that you next create a new appropriately title thread in the Financing Your Business forum to get the attention of those looking for financing options.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  3. Melanie Harrison

Melanie Harrison Member

Thank you very much for the advice. It's hard trying to promote your services when there are so many sneaky loan brokers out there who are not who they claim to be so people are quite rightly wary. Hope to learn a lot here to help me on my way

djbaxter likes this.
  4. djbaxter

djbaxter Administrator Moderator Member

In return, you can help our new entrepreneurs on what to look out for to avoid getting scammed.

5. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Member

6. azgold

azgold Moderator MVP Member

Hello and welcome, @Melanie Harrison !

I imagine that you are up against the reputation of others in the industry who do not share your ethical standards.

While I'm no expert in this area, I'd suggest building a trusted brand. How? Since you're dealing with clients online, I would try the following:

> Put the logo of any membership sites that you belong to that convey that you are associated with real, trusted companies in a prominent location on your homepage (think BBB, any legitimate financial institution, any web verification and security companies, any clubs or memberships pertaining to your industry)​

> Gather testimonials and put them on your site​

> Establish yourself as an authority by creating and posting content that helps your target audience (DJ had a great starting suggestion in his post above) and posting to your site and social media accounts​

> Do guest posting on reputable websites; invite prominent authorities in your industry to guest post on your site

> Become very visible and well-known by engaging with your readers and social followers; the sneaky guys hide, you don't​

Sorry, that's all I can think of at the moment but hope something here helps.

If you have any questions, or want to share some good info, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forums, Melanie! :)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    djbaxter likes this.
  7. Melanie Harrison

Melanie Harrison Member

Thank you very much for your suggestions, much appreciated. The main problem is that to be a loan broker a licence is not always required unlike mortgages and insurance. Building trust may take some time but I will get there

8. Hi, Melanie. Welcome to the forum. I like the way you approach things positively. I can see that you have determination to succeed. I'm sure you will be able to get there soon. Good Luck!