Haters and Prices

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Hendrix81

Hi fellas, I´m starting to get tons of haters specially on facebook, my biz is kinda growing so I guess is normal. Most of these trolls complain that my rates are too expensive, some of them do it for 10 times less, some say they know someone a lot cheaper so Im a rip off... etc...

How do you deal with this? some people say, delete, block and ignore...some other people recommend to actually leave all those comments and sometimes reply with education, another way might be create a public fight cause those things are good marketing too.

Any advice please?

djbaxter

Administrator
Moderate all comments on your Facebook page.

If a genuine customer makes a comment, negative or otherwise, try to answer as politely as possible to clarify whatever the issue is.

For trollers and haters who are not real customers or potential customers, delete the comments and don't approve any new ones. These may well be from competitors trying to slam your business.

CarlosSegura

On Instagram and Youtube comments from haters are not a big deal, in fact, it helps to get you more views. Facebook is a different thing, just ignore and delete them.

VirtualGlobalPhone

Hendrix81 ,

Criticism is good. But you should be aware who is criticizing. Which means the person has to be your customer. An onlooker or passer throwing stone need to be moderated.

Jessica A.

Moderate all comments on your Facebook page.

If a genuine customer makes a comment, negative or otherwise, try to answer as politely as possible to clarify whatever the issue is.

For trollers and haters who are not real customers or potential customers, delete the comments and don't approve any new ones. These may well be from competitors trying to slam your business.

True. We try to address all concerns as much as possible on our page be it positive or negative. Ignoring negative ones will only turn up the hate and will likely cause more damage to our reputation. So whenever there is a hate post, we always attend to it as soon as possible and try to appease the situation.

SARubin

MVP
I agree with the others here who say... figure out who (or whom) the comments are from before you decide to either own them, or dismiss them.

But I'm also going to offer you another possibility for your consideration (you can consider it... or not. It's entirely your choice)

Now keep in mind I have no idea what you're selling, how long you've been in business, or who your ideal client is. So the sage advice you're about to read is only generic advice...

If you know that you're providing a good service at a good value, and you start getting too many legitimate comments that your prices are too high... Have you considered that maybe you're marketing to the wrong audience?

A lot of it comes down to money tolerance and expectations (yours, and your clients). What's expensive to one market is reasonably priced to another market.

Back when I was running my home renovation and painting company full time, I was competing against company's selling similar services for $15 per labor-hour. Yet I kept myself and my workers booked up for months in advance at $35 per labor-hour.
Mostly because we did higher quality work, but also because I advertised in a different way, to more affluent neighborhoods.

Now, as a copywriter, I'm competing against thousands of people online, selling sales copy for $150 a page (or less). But I charge more than 10 X that much, and still have clients who won't go to anyone else but me.
But the thing is... I don't earn those rates by finding clients on any of the low end freelance sites.

I guess what I'm saying is... Based on the value you provide, consider who your ideal client is and where you might find them.

Because if you sell to a low dollar market, then they'll be expecting low end prices. And that's all they'll be willing to pay. Not only that... but most of those low paying clients will abandon you as soon as someone else comes along that charges a little less.

But when you sell the same product or service to a higher end market, low prices can actually look like low quality. And many people are willing to pay more for better quality and more reliable service.

Also, in my experience, the higher paying clients are usually not the kind of people who leave comments like the one's you're currently getting.

Just something to consider...

All the best,
SAR