Happy New Year! Business Resolutions?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

DorothyAt40

It's almost 2019! What are some of your business, work, or personal resolutions for the upcoming year?

My main goal is to work harder on my organization, and in turn, improve my time management and overall productivity.

(Personally -- this is the year to stop smoking).

What about everyone else?

SARubin

MVP
Hi Dorothy,

I truly wish you the best of success with your goal to quit smoking. I smoked for over 30 years o_O, and quitting was probably one of the hardest (and definitely one of the best) things I ever did - (it's been a little over 2 years now :green)

As for new year resolutions...

This is probably going to make me sound a little trite and contrived, but I've never been one to make "New Years Resolutions" - for one simple reason...

It just seems to me that if I come up with a plan for improvement, there's no need to wait until the end of the year just to get started. (Carpe diem - Seize the day!)

That said, I certainly wish you the best of success with all of your goals for the coming year.

All the best,
Steve

davidlee21

Happy new year. My resolution is to work hard and sleep max 6hrs a day( no more wasting time on sleep)

davidlee21

That's a sure recipe for burnout and physical and mental health breakdown. You can get away with it for a while if you're young but it will eventually catch up with you at any age.
Oh, But I heard some big personalities such as Mark Zuckerberg, Barack Obama sleeps only 6hrs a day. But sure after listening to your advice I feel it will be mental and physical burn out.

DorothyAt40

Happy new year. My resolution is to work hard and sleep max 6hrs a day( no more wasting time on sleep)
Someone gave me Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson's book "It Doesn't Have to Be Crazy at Work." I have faith it's going to point me towards sleep. I could do the 4-6 hour thing in my 20's, but absolutely not anymore.

DorothyAt40

Hi Dorothy,

I truly wish you the best of success with your goal to quit smoking. I smoked for over 30 years o_O, and quitting was probably one of the hardest (and definitely one of the best) things I ever did - (it's been a little over 2 years now :green)
Congrats to you on the two years!

I don't think it sounds trite at all, it's totally reasonable. My overall goals are pretty lengthy, so I'm working on implementing them a bit at a time over the course of the year. The smoking for the New Year made sense for me because my birthday is at the end of December and I had to have that last cigarette party!

davidlee21

Someone gave me Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson's book "It Doesn't Have to Be Crazy at Work." I have faith it's going to point me towards sleep. I could do the 4-6 hour thing in my 20's, but absolutely not anymore.
Ya, it's the third day and I am feeling tired already.

VirtualGlobalPhone

If i go specific - wish list includes

Personally and professionally
1. 45+ Books (Audio - new and revision) for the year
2. Enable 10+ value added services which saves time and money to customers
3. Single number Handicap in golf
4. 100+km event in cycling
5. Half marathon Running
6. 5 Family trip outing
7. Give back to the needy a % of earning at the end of the year
8. Mainly be more aware in proper choice on things that matter than things that dont matter.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe