1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Business or Entrepreneurial questions? BizWarriors is completely FREE - paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! You can now use your Facebook or Twitter account to regsiter or login. If you're new to the BizWarriors Forum, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Great Example of Mailer Marketing

Discussion in 'Marketing and Promotion' started by Edvin, Jan 9, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Edvin

Edvin MVP Member Top Contributor

I'm not sure about you, but I've seen the Daymond John's ad, a Shark Tank Investor, all over this forum. I've even seen him other places on the net as well.
    I have thought about attending his event but dismissed the idea.

Well, a few days ago I received a glossy (apparently expensive) ad with two tickets (marked at $147 each) to attend a local event. I don't know what to expect in the event; but, I'll see if I can make myself available :)

39602727821_f042768037_z.jpg

Now lets talk about marketing:
    • The mailing was high glossy print to maintain the image brand.
    • The mailing envelope was personally addressed to me.
    • The target audience is obviously entrepreneurs.
    • He probably got my information from a mailing list; satisfying certain demographics (age, income, etc).
    • The information may have been cross referenced with Small Business Development Center records to find entrepreneurs.
    • The marketers may even have looked at county or state records to find business owners.
    • Not sure if I would attend for $150; but, a free ticket from an event that is backed by a celebrity investor did get my attention.
    • $147 ticket ends with 7, which I talked about in pricing section of my post.
      The odd number makes the consumer take the time to think about the value; as appose to bargain price ending with 9.
    • It had an offer that is hard to refuse; it's FREE.
    • They probably had a trigger. That is, Try to get paid subscribers until a specific date. The free offer was sent to entrepreneurs after expiration date to insure maximum ticket sell revenue as well as lead generation.
    • He used an ad agency to help with creative, copy, photo-shoot. We don't expect someone like Mr. Daymond to take his own picture; and the the quality is apparent.

NAVIN and djbaxter like this.
  2. NAVIN

NAVIN Member

Thats cool,( your eye is everywhere, where you can boost your knowledge.... :)
    ) Please Share the event after you join....