¿have you ever asked yourself “when is the right time to start your startup”?
The purpose of this essay is not to tell you when is the right time to start, because there isn’t one. But instead, give you some insights so you can take the decision and get started right away.

1- It doesn’t take money to make money:

Most people say, “I would have a business if I had the right money”. Or “when I get the money I will start my own business”, forget all that. The most successful people created businesses, instead of buying one, so get a piece of paper and a pen, write a business plan, use the money you have, raise money if necessary from family and friends and get started, find ways of getting more done, spending less, that is key not only for the start but also for your marketing strategy. Your product or service has to be better and at a better price so if you want to do that, get started by cutting expenses. If you can’t pay people to work for you, offer them a partnership or a percentage of the earnings of the company, so the company can grow without paying any employees. Again, it doesn’t take money to make money.

2- Success is a process:

Once you get started, your job is not to get the perfect product or service, remember that you will compete. The market is improving, innovating and changing every minute, so if you are trying to get your startup at a level that you consider perfect, you’re wasting your time. All you have to do is be competitive, try to make a sell, pay attention to feedback and keep improving until you get better than your competitors.

3- Never reduce a target. Instead, increase action:

If you read books you have probably heard of Grant Cardone’s most famous book “the 10x rule”
This book teaches you how to achieve what you believe unachievable. By taking your level of action to the next level, whatever is your target that you want to achieve your level of action have to equal that goal, so whatever you’re doing try to do it 10 times harder, push for results, demand success and it will be yours. This work for every area of your life, if you read 1 chapter of a book a day try reading 10 or the full book, if you dedicate 1 hour a day to your business startup try minding it at every second of your day. While you’re at work, think of it, while you eat, think of it; while your asleep, dream of it. Make success your duty instead of an option.

These are just three insights to challenge the limiting thinking that is stopping you from getting started. What we know for sure is that: Doing anything is better than doing nothing at all, So cut the excuses and get started now.

Credits and references:

- The 10x rule by Grant Cardone.
- Rich dad, poor dad by Robert Kiyosaki.

Written by Luigi Teixeira.
Entrepreneur; Networking Expert; Real estate investor.

Top Bottom