djbaxter

Administrator
Freelancing Tips for College Students
by Chris Henson , Search Influence
November 10, 2017

College is expensive. Tuition is sky high, textbooks cost an arm and a leg, and everyone needs a little extra income to go out and fully enjoy the college experience. Even with scholarships and saving accounts, it is nearly impossible to avoid some kind of financial strain during these years pursuing higher education.

So, with time and experience typically at a premium for students, are there any legitimate ways to make some extra money on the side?

Yes! Freelancing!

Freelancers, digital nomads, work-at-home parents, and all independent workers currently comprise 33% of the U.S. workforce (approximately 53 million people). Freelancing is an umbrella term that encompasses writers, editors, graphic artists, designers, photographers, videographers, and many more people with specialized, in-demand skills. And, what’s great about freelancing is that it is open to anyone, including cash-strapped students.

Freelancing is a great way to get relevant work experience, which–whether through part-time jobs, internships, or freelancing–is incredibly important for a college student.

Where freelancing offers a distinct advantage over a normal job is in its flexibility. Most jobs have a fixed schedule, whereas freelancing (in most cases) offers you the chance to work on your own schedule. It also allows you to work from anywhere–your dorm room, apartment, library, classroom, or when you go home for the holidays.

If you decide to give freelancing a shot (and you totally should!), here are a few things you need to consider first, as well as a few things you need to do to position yourself for success.
  1. Figure out How Much Extra Time You Have
  2. Determine What You’re Good At
  3. Identify Your Goals
  4. Get the Right Tools
  5. Understand You Will Have to Start From the Bottom
  6. Self-Promote
  7. Build Your Professional & Adult Skills
  8. Treat Freelancing Like a Real Job
  9. Use Your Freelance Career to Jump Start Your Post-College Career

Read more...

Freelance writing is a nice way to earn some extra money but if one can adapt the skill properly they can income up to $100 a month. there is much other online money earning jobs available which can be the main job for sure. Thanks for this tips, they are very helpful.

Derek555

Yes, now there are so many ways to earn money through the Internet and a lot of video lessons. When I was in college, I was writing articles for order. I liked it and received money. There are a lot of special websites where people can sell texts.

Freelancing work is actually ideal for a side work but can be done as a full-time job too. In my case, I do freelancing for full-time and get paid pretty well too. But i had to collect some skills for writing because you are only gonna get paid if your content attract people. I had help for my writing too.

Top Bottom