- Jun 21, 2016
Last updated June 11, 2018
- Do not SPAM the forum: No self-promotion or advertising without express prior consent from the Administrators.
- Use common sense and keep it clean.
- Treat other members with respect and courtesy, whether or not you agree with them.
- Any offensive behavior will result in an instant ban.
- The Administrator's word is final.
- The language of this forum is English. Please do not post on any other language. This includes your signature.
- Do NOT bump threads excessively
- Only post original articles or interviews.
- You may post excerpts of published articles by other authors if you comply with Fair Use laws. The excerpt must be clearly a quote, of one to three paragraphs maximum, and you must give full credit to the original author and a link back to the original source. For an example of how to do this, see Branding What You Do And What You Are | BizWarriors Forum | Entrepreneur and Small Business Forum
- Even if you are the author of an article you are quoting, if that article appears anywhere else you must provide full credit to the original source.
- Do not use this forum for fundraising or ask forum members for donations without prior approval - and note that prior approval will be forthcoming only in very special circumstances. It is our responsibility to protect our membership from spam and scams and we take that responsibility very seriously. If you are looking for investors - and that is not the same as a gofundme type of donation fundraising - you may post information in the Seeking Employees, Partners, and Investors forum.
- In general, linking to your own site would be viewed as advertising or self-promotion. You may include a link to your own site in your Signature (link only, no advertisements!).
- Do not post links asking for reviews of your website unless you are specifically asked to do so by an Administrator or Moderator. The exception to this is posting a request in the Website Reviews forum: Make sure you read the special rules for that forum before posting your request.
- Do NOT use shortened URLs! Our members have a right to know where they are going before clicking on a link, if only to be sure it doesn't point to a malware site. This includes your signature.
- In general, do not post affiliate links that redirect to another site. Again, our members have a right to know where they are going before clicking on a link, if only to be sure it doesn't point to a malware site. The one exception to this rule is that your signature may include an affiliate link.
- In general, do not post links to your own site(s) unless it is providing information that is of clear benefit to our members. There are two exceptions to this rule: (1) your initial post in the Introductions forum may include a reference and one link to your site, providing it does not violate any other rule regarding links; and (2) you may include links to your own sites in your signature, again providing it does not violate other rules regarding links.
- As with other content, all links must be in English and must point to an English language web page.
- Do not post links to illegal, sketchy, or objectionable sites: This includes but is not limited to warez or pirating sites; online pharmacies; pornography; multi-level marketing (MLM) sites; or anything else the site owners may find objectionable.
- Special Note: By default, any links you post on this site are "no-follow" links; that is a characteristic of the Xenforo forum software. Thus, in addition to getting you banned, link-spamming won't help you:
XenForo does this to URLs in all signatures plus any posts by non-moderator / non-admin members:
<a href="http://xenforo.com" rel="nofollow">XenForo - Compelling Community Forum Software</a>
Dangers of link dropping at the Google Webmaster Forum in July 2014:
John Mueller from Google said:
Just to be absolutely clear, if you are dropping links to your site in other people's forums in the hope of gaming search engines, then that's considered web-spam and can be taking into account by both our algorithms and our manual web-spam teams. It doesn't matter how much "PR" the other site has, it doesn't matter if it's a .gov forum -- what you're doing would be considered web-spam by us.
If you care about how search engines like Google view your site, I'd recommend cleaning those link-drops up, removing the link to your site, and not doing that in the future.
In addition, you should know that your forum signature is visible to other logged-in forum members but NOT visible to non-logged in visitors, i.e., guests and searchbots.
The takeaway from all this should be this:
- Post links that benefit other forum members; and/or
- Post links that help to increase awareness of your website among other forum members in your signature if you wish; but
- Do not post links hoping for a boost in search engine ranking - that simply isn't going to work.
- When you have shown yourself to be a trustworthy member, you will automatically be given the option of creating a signature which will be displayed below all your posts.
- Signatures should be no more than 4 lines
- Signatures may contain a links to sites you own or are associated with. The number of links allowed depends on your status in the forum but the basic number is one (1). As with any other links, these must be in English, must point to English language web pages, and must be real URLs, not shortened links, and no affiliate links.
- Staff and MVPs are given greater flexibility in signatures as a thank you for their contributions to the forum.
- Do not post email addresses on the forum, either in a post or in your signature, unless asked to do so by BizWarriors staff. This just opens you up for email harvesting and providers a risk to our members.
- In general, do not ask members to email you or send you a Private Message. If you have information to impart, do so in the thread where it may be useful to other members.
- Similarly, do not post telephone numbers on the forum, unless asked to do so by BizWarriors staff, either in a post or in your signature. This just opens you up for telephone spam.
- You are only permitted to have one account on this forum. If duplicate accounts are detected, they will be merged.
- Do not share your account with anyone else.
Last updated June 11, 2018